This is the page for quotes about Astrid and Hiccup's Relationship.
Hiccup & Astrid
- "I could get used to it."
- ―Hiccup after Astrid kisses him on the lips for the first time.
- "Take 'em down, babe!"
- "Come here, you."
- ―Hiccup to Astrid before he pulls her into a kiss
- "I can't imagine a world without you in it."
- ―Hiccup to Astrid in Buffalord Soldier
- "I can't imagine a world without you in it either."
- ―Astrid to Hiccup in Buffalord Soldier
- "Astrid! Astrid! ASTRID! [she opened her eyes then Hiccup hugged her] Oh, thank Thor. Whew!"
- ―Hiccup after saving Astrid from drowning.
- "What took you so long?"
- ―Astrid to Hiccup when he saved her in Night of the Hunter, Part 1
- "I guess if you like that unassuming, heroic dragon rider type."
- ―Astrid talk about Hiccup in Have Dragon Will Travel, Part 2
- "Astrid class! Heh. Heh. "
- "But, I still have you."
- ―Astrid to Hiccup in Have Dragon Will Travel, Part 2
- "Afternoon, m'lady. Where have you been?"
- "It's good to have you back.. I was really worried."
- ―Stryke Out
- "Hiccup! Yes.. Thank Thor you okay"
- ―After Astrid hugged Hiccup
- "Astrid, you and I have been through everything together. You don't think we can handle this? Astrid, you have me, no matter what. Okay, whatever that means, whatever you want it to mean. I am with you. There will always be a Hiccup and Astrid. Always."
- ―Hiccup to Astrid who is temporarily blind
- Hiccup: "I never stop worrying about you. That's just the way it is."
- Astrid: "Yeah, yeah. I guess that goes for me, too."
- "Well, this seems pretty perfect to me"
- ―Astrid to Hiccup before their kiss in "Blindsided"
- "He's Hiccup, sometimes his pride is bigger than his brain."
- ―Astrid to Stoick
Astrid: That was close.
Hiccup: Yeah. Wait, why do we care if they know about us?
Astrid: I mean, we don't, I guess. It's all so new. i just want to share it with you right now, you know? Look, we'll tell everyone, I just want the time to be right.
Hiccup: I get it. This-This isn't the time. We can't take a chance on anyone doing anything different. Including us. (Astrid pulls Hiccup towards her, and the two share a kiss)
Astrid: Did you seriously think I'd leave here with just a handshake?
Hiccup: Yeah, I know. She's something else, huh, bud?
-Astrid and Hiccup in Shell Shocked, Part 1
- "What? This isn't junk. It's my betrothal gift to Astrid. It means we'll be together forever."
- ―Hiccup about what his betrothal gift for Astrid means for him and Astrid in "Sandbusted"
Hiccup: This was my father's bethrothal gift to my mother. (Astrid gasps as Hiccup puts the necklace on her) --um, And he gave it to me, to give to you. Astrid, you're a part of our family. You always have been and I hope you always will be. (Astrid sighs)
Hiccup: Okay. If you don't like it --
Astrid: Hiccup, I... It's beautiful. It's perfect. It's just... I didn't get you a gift. I don't know what to get, or...
Hiccup: But you did. Astrid, you got me the greatest gift in the world. You, You, just being here with me. It's the only gift I need.
-Astrid and Hiccup in Sandbusted
(After Astrid hugs Hiccup)
Hiccup: What was that for?
Astrid: Just for being you. I love how sensitive you are.
Hiccup: Don't tell that to Stoick.
Astrid: Oh, I think he knows. Everyone knows. It's what makes you such a great friend, a great leader, and, um, a great boyfriend.
-Astrid and Hiccup in Dawn of Destruction
- "Take it easy, Hiccstrid."
- "That's my future daughter-in-law! "
- "And now, in you -- the spirited warrior who keeps watch over Berk, including our son -- we [Valka and I] finally have a daughter."
- "I can see why Hiccup is so fond of Berk and its Dragons... and you, Astrid!"
- ―Valka in Rise of Berk
- "My husband may have been wrong about a great many things, but he was certainly right about that, Astrid."
- ―Valka on Astrid being the daughter she and Stoick always wanted.[src]
- "Oh come on, I have seen the way you look at Astrid."
- ―Gobber to Hiccup in An Axe to Grind.
- "My young apprentice here will service all your needs."
- ―Gobber to Astrid in An Axe to Grind.
- "So, you two are a thing, right?"
- ―Heather to Astrid
- "Come on! I have seen the way you two are together."
- ―Heather noticing how close Hiccup and Astrid are.
- "Astrid, life is too short,You need to express your feelings. Stop wasting time. You two are perfect!"
- ―Heather encouraging Astrid to confess her feelings to Hiccup.
- "Astrid would've killed you if we hadn't found Hiccup."
- ―Fishlegs to Snotlout.
- "You can have her [Astrid]."
- ―Snotlout to Hiccup.
- "We must stay awake. For Hiccup Haddock and Queen Mala."
- ―Throk telling Astrid to stay awake.
- "Relax, blondie! I was just trying to talk some sense into your boy Hiccup here!"
- ―Dagur to Astrid
- "Although I can't directly put myself if your shoes, I can most assuredly emphasize with your situation. To be in love with a girl who is your partner in battle.. [sighs dramatically].. not sure how I would have balance such a precarious situation."
- ―Viggo talking about Astrid to Hiccup.
- "Are you really going to sacrifice your future, all the wonderful years you have ahead of you for that [the Dragon Eye]?"
- ―Viggo telling Hiccup to choose between Astrid and the Dragon Eye.
- "This changes everything!"
- ―The gang reacting to Hiccup and Astrid becoming official.
Cast, Crew & Critics
- "They are pals. The are explorers. She is as much a contributor to the map as Hiccup has been. They just have a very easy-going, very relaxed, very comfortable relationship. "
- ―Dean DeBlois
- "Their 5 years in, so the butterflies are gone. It’s nice to see a comfortable relationship where affectionate little touches or the way they sit together, has a comfort level to it and support. Astrid is the type of character that is not going to be afraid to call Hiccup on his nonsense, to be he reason when he is too absorbed in his own indecision. I think that’s really great. If anything…Astrid is saving Hiccup in this movie instead of the other way around. "
- ―Dean DeBlois
- "And then you realize, when Astrid catches up to him, that she’s the one that’s been adding them to his hair. He just tolerates it. "
- ―Dean DeBlois on Hiccup's braids in HTTYD 2.
- "She [Astrid] is in every sense really Hiccup’s equal"
- ―Jeffrey Katzenberg
- "I would love to find an Astrid."
- ―Jay Baruchel
- "There is no more kind of skirting the issue. They have addressed the elephant in the room."
- ―Jay Baruchel
- "Their relationship is still very playful and competitive, but they match each other in their lust for life and adventure. What is fun is that our characters are more grown up now. Because there is a romantic aspect to their relationship, there are more tender moments between them. In the first film she was thinking: ‘Who is this guy? Why should he get to be chief of Berk when I’ve worked hard my whole life?’ But this time she’s his number one supporter because she sees that he’s special and totally capable of leadership. She is a partner in his adventure."
- ―America Ferrera
- "They are both very independent spirits but are incredibly supportive of one another."
- ―America Ferrera
- "She [Astrid] is my favorite. She is self-assured, commanding and she knows who she is. I see what a great stalwart she is for my son [Hiccup]. How much she grounds. She is the voice of reason to Hiccup. She is a warrior as well. I love the fact- I think she reminds me of my wife [Valka]. My wife [Valka] was super strong, competitive, and uncompromising... and that's Astrid. I wanna see my son [Hiccup] grow up. I wanna have grandkids! And I want it with the coolest chick in the clan, and that is Astrid."
- ―Gerard Butler
- "But the implication is that you [Astrid & Hiccup] have ‘got it on’ on some point."
- ―Craig Ferguson
- "Astrid and Hiccup have a wonderfully relaxed chemistry, as the fact that they are now lovers is handled with minimal fuss (their most romantic moment involves Astrid doing a killer impression of her boyfriend’s agitated worrying)"
- ―Scott Mendelson, FORBES
- "The relationship between Hiccup and Astrid is one of the most well done established relationships in an animated movie. Without being overly romantic, and maintaining a kid-friendly theme, the relationship is still very healthy and showcases good communication."
- ―WONDERCON, 2014