Dragons: Race to the Edge
Krogan, a hooded member of Drago's army, was sent to buy dragons from the Dragon Hunters' Chieftain Viggo Grimborn's Dragon Auction. Drago's man tried to buy by the last known Night Fury, Toothless. However, he left without the Night Fury when Berk's dragon riders freed the auction's dragons.
Krogan appears again, where he knocks out Throk with a dart after a difficult battle and captures Hiccup in an attempt to get the bounty on him placed by Viggo Grimborn. Upon bringing Hiccup to Ryker Grimborn, he is betrayed and ambushed by several Dragon Hunters, whom he defeats. Later, Krogan attacks Hiccup, who had escaped during the ambush, stating that he would take him to Viggo himself to get the bounty. During their battle, Hiccup removes his mask and recognizes him as the same man who attempted to buy Toothless at Viggo's Dragon Auction, much to Hiccup's anger. When they both ends up hanging at the end of a cliff, Krogan grabs onto Hiccup's prosthetic leg and tells Hiccup to drag him up. However, much to his shock, Hiccup, still angry at him for attempting to buy Toothless, instead removes his prosthetic leg and sends the Krogan falling below.
After the Dragon Riders rescues Hiccup, Ryker attempts to throw a dagger at him, only for Krogan, who is shown to have survived, to knock him out. Realizing that he is outnumbered, he jumps out of the cliff and escapes without a trace.
When he was boy and lost his family, Drago vowed to rise above dragons. Thus he set himself to conquer the world by using the dragons. During his conquests, he then found a Bewilderbeast hatchling and raised it with cruelty. He then assembled the army composed of human dragon trappers and captured dragons.
Drago then went to a gathering of Chiefs on the Isle of Berk. There he demanded the chiefs to be commanded and follow him in order to end their war with the dragons. But the chiefs laughed at this and send him away. Drago then left and sent his armored dragons to burn the hall down. All but Stoick were killed.
For the next 20 years, Drago built up his army; including tribes from faraway lands such as Slavic, Sami, Inuit, and Asiatic. He had many traps, weapons and armor made for his enslaved dragons. He used trappers such Eret to build up his army.
Nothing else from Drago's human army remains until the end of the sequel, possibly returned to where they'd came.
- This is the first tribe that does not have a specific name.
- Drago's army could be connected to the Dragon Hunters due to the fact that the "special guest" Krogan, have Drago's insignia.
- Krogan is also the first human character who Hiccup intentionally attempted to kill.
- The armor of Drago's men appears to be of Finnish or Kievan Rus design.
- It is unknown why they never showed up on Berk during the final battle, even through Drago himself told them to meet him there.
- It appears that Drago's Army are skilled fighters, as Krogan was able to hold his own against Throk and defeat several Dragon Hunters with ease.
|Tribes of the Barbaric Archipelago|