|“||They're getting stronger, more fearless. We may not be able to hold them off much longer. [src]||”|
The Dragon Flyers are a group of Dragon Hunters and allies of Drago's Army which fly on the back of Dragons. Unlike the Dragon Riders they force the Dragons to fly where they want and to shoot at targets. The Dragon Flyers use Singetails to carry out their missions.
Attack on the Chiefs
Following Drago Bludvist's attack on a meeting of chiefs to discuss the dragon scourge they all faced, Krogan gave Drago a Rumblehorn to ride in order to make his escape. Only Stoick survived the attack and saw this massive tragedy.
|“||That doesn't change that it's happening. They drove us out of the Edge. They bullied us away from island after island. [src]||”|
The Dragon Flyers then attacked Caldera Cay and forced the riders to retreat back to Berk. Figuring the Flyers would be still be in suit, Stoick had the people of Berk get ready to defend their island. He then had Berk prepare its fleet to retake the Edge for his son and the other Riders. Hiccup and Berk's Auxiliary team managed to dismount the Flyers, allowing the Dragons to fly to freedom and the Flyers with much fewer dragons under their control.
Krogan meets Heather at the Northern Markets with some of his Flyers, in hopes of getting to her Windshear, and use the dragon as hostage in place for the lens.
This section requires expansion.
Abilities and Skills
|“||These dragons are fierce, and the Flyers are skilled. [src]||”|
Because of Krogan’s knowledge of dragons, the Dragon Flyers benefit from his methods of ‘training’ dragons, so that they’re obedient to there every word. As well as this, they are trained specifically in air-to-air combat.
- Dragon Training and Riding: The Dragon Flyers use very similar methods, like Krogan’s, to ‘train’ their dragons (usually subjugation), thus making there dragons fairly obedient to there command. The Dragon Flyers are also competent Flyers, as they gave the Riders a hard time, and yet they had such a short time between their formation to battling the Riders.
- Battle Skills: The Dragon Flyers are a formidable fighting force, as they have managed to keep the Riders on the run without losing any Singetails or Flyers. They’ve also taken advantage of their Singetails fighting potential, making it a challenge for the Riders to win a fight against them.
- Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III
- Astrid Hofferson
- Fishlegs Ingerman
- Snotlout Jorgenson
- Tuffnut Thorston
- Ruffnut Thorston
- Dagur the Deranged
- Stoick the Vast
- Gobber the Belch
- Spitelout Jorgenson
- Gustav Larson
- Viggo Grimborn
- Several of the Flyers have tatoos on their arms that resemble the symbol on Krogan's belt, cape pin and Eret's branding.
- This mark is the symbol of Drago Bludvist, symbolizing their allegiance with him.
|The image gallery for Dragon Flyers |
may be viewed here.
|Tribes of the Barbaric Archipelago|