The Electricsquirm is a nanodragon class creature seen primarily How to Speak Dragonese. Like other Nanodragons, Electricsquirms did not take sides in the Dragon Rebellion. They also cannot speak Dragonese.
Because of electricity conduction, they are a substitute for Glow-worms in Viking lighting. Electricsquirms and Glow-worms are said to be close cousins.
Traits and Abilities
As the name implies, Electricsquirms conduct electricity. Their entire body can conduct electricity, save for the end of their tails, which is "made of some sort of horny material".
Electricsquirms are also described as having a green glow in How to be a Pirate:
- "The eerie green light seemed to be given off by Electricsquirms, a tiny dragon-like creature that glows with phosphorescence."
- ―How to be a Pirate
In the Book Series
The Fat Consul was eating honey-covered Nanodragons while lying on a couch. Hiccup, knowing to pick it up by its tail, stealthily switched an Electricsquirm with one of the nanodragons (which turned out to be Ziggerastica) and the Fat Consul was shocked when he attempted to grab it.
- How To Train Your Dragon Books - Website
- How to be a Pirate (Book 2), Cressida Cowell. 2004
- How to Speak Dragonese (Book 3), Cressida Cowell. 2005
- A Hero's Guide to Deadly Dragons (Book 6), Cressida Cowell. 2007
- The Complete Book of Dragons: Guide To Dragon Species, Cressida Cowell, 2014