The Grapple Grounder is fast, springy, and dangerous. This dragon is snake-like in appearance, with four long skinny legs and a long body. It is ready to fight any dragon it meets, and seems that the Grounder shoots pulse blasts similar to those of a Night Fury.
The Grapple Grounder appears in the last battle in the game. Snotlout uses four Grapple Grounders in the Thor's Day Thursday Tournament. Beating the last tournament, you unlock the Grapple Grounder in arcade mode, and become a Dragon Master, thus beating the whole game. Their main power is their body size. Although it can't dish out fast attacks in a short time, its magnificent speed takes from one attack to another quickly. It has more stamina and strength than Night Furies, but less speed, power, and fire. The golden dragon statue seen impaled by a sword above the Viking fire pit in the Great Hall greatly resembles a Grapple Grounder. Other than that and the video game, this dragon has made very few appearances in the franchise. The Grapple Grounder also appears in the dsI version of the game. This dragon is very common in said game and pops up a lot when you are walking around.
- The Grapple Grounder's head and neck seems to resemble a Zippleback's and Scauldron's, if you look close.
- It is unknown if it will appear in any future media.
- When you consider its fire power, it might be a Stoker Class, but it could also be a Fear Class.
- Its appereance is very similar to dragons of several exotic or eastern lore, particularly the Yinglong, a powerful dragon from Chinese myth.
- This dragon might be a Strike class dragon because it shoots plasma fire like a Night fury
- The dragon which symbolises the Unknown Class looks alot like the Grapple Grounder so a Grapple Grounder could possibly be a Unknown Class.