Gruff Around the Edges is the second episode of Dragons: Race to the Edge, Season 4. It was released on February 17th. The name of episode was first revealed in the Everything Geek Podcast Interview with Douglas Sloan and Art Brown.
The twins' world travelling cousin Gruffnut comes to the Edge to pay a visit and Tuffnut is overjoyed to see his longtime hero. Ruffnut, however, is suspicious of Gruffnut's intentions, especially when he tries to fly off with each of the riders' dragons. Gruffnut is revealed to owe money to the Hunters and promised one of the riders' dragons to pay off his debt. When Tuffnut learns of the deception, Gruffnut takes his place and tries to secretly bring Barf and Belch to the Hunters, but Ruffnut recognizes him and Tuffnut defeats him in battle. They rescue Gruffnut anyway due to his being "family," and leaves him in a Quaken's cave where he can have "a real adventure."
- Jay Baruchel as Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III
- America Ferrera as Astrid Hofferson
- Christopher Mintz-Plasse as Fishlegs Ingerman
- Zack Pearlman as Snotlout Jorgenson
- Andree Vermeulen as Ruffnut Thorston
- T.J. Miller as Tuffnut Thorston/Gruffnut Thorston
- Mae Whitman as Heather
- This is the first appearance of Gruffnut.
- He is voiced also by T.J. Miller, but with a rather hoarser voice, reminescent of Miller's character Robbie from the show Gravity Falls.
- When Tuff catches Gruff trying to steal Stormfly, Tuff says that Stormfly would never let a stranger ride her. However, in "Heather Report", Heather successfully stole and rode Stormfly when she was still a stranger.
- The Thunder Ear is revealed to have been repaired since the events of the episode Bing! Bam! Boom!. It is now stationed on Dragon's Edge, where it is likely used to detect the Dragon Hunters before they attack the Edge. Ruffnut and Tuffnut also use it for their morning show.