|“|| This impulsive and reckless member of the Sharp Class is a master at collecting wood... so long as its axe-like snout doesn't get stuck in the tree its cutting!|
The Hackatoo's crest makes it seem like it's laughing while it shoots fireballs from a distance in battle.
|— Dragons: Rise of Berk|
Hackatoo eggs are normally found brown, with darker brown stripes and covered with at least three rows of spines running down its length.
Hatchling to Adult
Hackatoos have long bodies, necks and tails with six legs with very sharp claws. Their most notable feature is the large bladed beak that they use to cut trees, this powerful weapon is all the more dangerous with the Hackatoo's highly reinforced spine to soak up impact and strong muscles that let it dart its head forward like a drawn bow.
Titan Winged Hackatoos have blue bodies and orange wings. They have six legs and long, slender bodies. Their claws and spines are orangeish-yellow and the bottom of their necks are purple.
The Hackatoo is able to cut trees with its axe like snout. Its snout may possibly be a good defense as it is sharp and can wound its opponents.
The Hackatoo shoots ball-shaped fireballs, similar to those of a Rumblehorn.
Behavior and Personality
Hackatoos are described to be reckless and impulsive, often getting their snot stuck in trees, if they are not able to cut them.
The snout of a Hackatoo can get stuck into a tree if it's too thick. Since it is described to be reckless, it is supposed that Hackatoos can overestimate themselves when it comes to cutting trees, causing them to sometimes get stuck.
The Hackatoo first appeared in this game. An exclusive Hackatoo, Hackagift, a defender Hackatoo and an exotic Hackatoo also appeared.
- The Hackatoo is the first dragon that only appears in Rise of Berk.
- The Hackatoo's name is a portmanteau of the words "hacksaw" and "cockatoo".
- The Hackatoo is the second dragon species to have more than two pairs of legs, with the first being the Fireworm Queen and the third being the Thunderpede.
- Its head and neck somewhat resembles a giraffe.
- Its behavior is possibly based on those of a woodpecker.
- It is possible that the Hackatoo stay on his back two legs to look bigger and scare away the predators.
- Besides the color, the Hackatoo looks almost exactly the same as its Titan Wing form.
- The Hackatoo's back four legs are bendable both forward and inwards, meaning the back four legs don't have knees and elbows.
- The Hackatoo seems to have a flexible whip-like tail end which it may be able to use as a manipulative limb just as the Changewing, the Thunderdrum and the Submaripper.
- Being a snake-like dragon and living in thick forests, it is possible that it is a very agile dragon.
|Hackatoo uses Creative Commons Licensed content from the Rise of Berk Wiki page Hackatoo. The list of authors can be found on the page revision history (view authors).|