Heather at the Berk Dragon Academy
|Friends/Allies||Hiccup, Astrid, Fishlegs, Snotlout, Tuffnut, Ruffnut, Toothless, Stormfly, Meatlug, Hookfang, Barf and Belch|
|Voiced by||Mae Whitman|
|First Appearence||Heather Report Part I|
|Last Appearence||Hether Report Part II|
Heather is a character in the How to Train Your Dragon television series, Dragons: Riders of Berk. She is known to be an antagonist to Astrid because Hiccup begins to put too much trust in her, putting a bit of a strain on Hiccup's relationship with Astrid. It is also known that she has been working with the Outcasts when she is seen with Savage. Astrid finally manages to convince the others that Heather's in league with the Outcasts when she steals both Astrid's dragon and the Book of Dragons. It is later shown in Heather Report Part II, that she lied to them only because the Outcasts were holding her parents hostage and would only return them alive if she aquired information on training dragons.
In the TV series
In the beginning of the episode, Hiccup (with Toothless) and Astrid (with Stormfly) were recording their speed in the Dragon Academy. Snotlout (with Hookfang) leads them to the beach where they meet a mysterious girl named Heather. She wakes up to them staring at her, which scares her. As she explains her story, they welcome her to Berk as the boys of the group begin to pay more attention to her than to Astrid, making her jealous. Her jealousy and suspicion grows as Heather is seen trying to steal the Book of Dragons and talking with the Outcasts. The next morning she steals the book and hijacks Stormfly. Astrid manages to get Stormfly back. Unfortunately, the Book of Dragons is now in Alvin's hands.
In the next episode, Heather is locked up in Berk while Astrid poses as her to retrieve the Book of Dragons with Hiccup and the others as backup. Heather manages to escape and takes Stormfly again, but this time to help the teens. Astrid manages to retrieve the book and rescue Heather's parents. When Heather finally gets to Outcast Island, she helps the teens fight back. After getting the Book of Dragons and heading back to Berk, Heather and Astrid have finally become friends, as she thanks her for saving her family. Heather leaves Berk with her parents.
School of Dragons
Heather appears in the School of Dragons as the alchemist. Before the game was released, she was replaced with Katrina the Curious. Heather replaced her a few months later, but still wears the same outfit as Katrina.
Abilities & Talents
- Acting: Heather is a very good actor, as she was able to fool the Dragon Riders for a few days, except Astrid, who saw her sneaking around.
- Strength: Despite her size, Heather is pretty tough. She is able to take on Astrid, as well as able to scale the walls in Berk's prison, and stay at the top for some time.
- Dragon training and Riding: Even with very little time spent on Berk, Heather picked up on dragon training pretty quickly, as all the dragons have taken a liking to her. Even though she wasn't very fast, she was also capable of flying with Stormfly.
- Alchemy: As the Alchemist in School of Dragons, Heather has extensive knowledge with experimenting. It is unknown if she has this skill in the series.
- Heather is the only girl teen without blonde hair and blue eyes. She is also the only one that doesn't wear a blue sleeveless shirt.
- Due to large amount of patches on her clothes, it is possible Heather comes from a poor island.
- Heather appears to wear eye liner.
- Meatlug is the only academy dragon Heather hasn't rode, not counting Belch's head.
- Heather's story about her family's boat being attacked by pirates might be how they were captured by the Outcasts.
- Astrid refers to her as Little Miss Innocent.
- Heather is the only original character who did not return in Defenders of Berk.
- Since Heather appeared in School of Dragons, it's possible she may return in later media, such as Dragon Masters.
- It was rumored that Heather would return in Defenders of Berk and train a Scauldron named Spout. This was later proved to be untrue. This might have been early idea for Free Scauldy.
- Heather and Eret, from How to Train Your Dragon 2, shares some similarities as both characters worked for either the Outcasts or Drago's Army respectively. But their allegiance to the antagonists was not out of loyalty and both characters would join the Riders of Berk in defeating the respective Antagonists.
Riders of Berk
- "My family and I were on our way home to our island when our boat was attacked by pirates." ..."They attacked our boat and took us back to our island, laying seige to it. I was able to escape, but my mother and father, they weren't so lucky."
- "So this is it. Your dragon training academy."
- (after blasting a boat) "What do we do now?!"
- "Take as much time as you need!"
- (to Astrid) "You really like to sneak up on people."
- "You're way too smart for that Astrid."
- "I think your dragon likes me. See you later, Stormfly."
- "You don't understand! Alvin has my parents!"
- "There were never any pirates. I made it up. But I needed you to trust me!"
- "Sorry Bucket, but I have to get to Outcast Island. And nothing's going to stop me."
- "OK, never startle a sleeping Nadder."
- "It's OK. I wouldn't have believed me either."
- "I can't thank you enough, especially you Astrid. You put your life on the line for us. I'll never forget that."
- (Hiccup tells her if she needs help again she'll ask) "I will. I promise."
School of Dragons
- "Hey, I'm Heather."
- "It's nice to be back with my Berk friends."
- "I think your dragon likes me."
- "What should my next experiment be?"
- "Keep your cool and you can get out of any situation, with a little help from your friends."
- "Astrid was pretty convincing when she pretended to be me. I should dress up like her one day!"