|Alias(es)||Rogue Dragon Rider, Heather the Unhinged, Traitor|
|Eye Color||Green |
|Occupation||Alchemist (School of Dragons), Honorary Dragon Rider, Spy of the Dragon Riders|
|Friends/Allies||Astrid Hofferson, Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III, Fishlegs Ingerman, Snotlout Jorgenson, Tuffnut Thorston, Ruffnut Thorston, Toothless, Stormfly, Meatlug, Hookfang, Barf and Belch, Trader Johann|
|Faction|| Berserker Tribe (originally)
Dragon Hunters (as a spy, formerly)
|Father|| Oswald the Agreeable(Deceased)|
Unnamed adoptive father
|Mother||Unnamed adoptive mother|
|Siblings||Dagur the Deranged (brother)|
|Voiced by||Mae Whitman|
|First Appearence||"Heather Report Part I"|
|Last Appearence||"Maces and Talons Part II"|
Heather is a female character first introduced in the How to Train Your Dragon television series, Dragons: Riders of Berk.
Heather has green eyes and long black hair that frames her face with her bangs parted on the right side and a braid placed over her left shoulder, with some short hair on her right side. She has ivory skin and delicate hands. She also seems to wear some form of eye liner in the first season.
In Riders of Berk, Heather wears a gray tunic that goes half way down her forearms with a leather vest over it, a hollow horn around her waist and an off-white skirt underneath. She wears brown pants, wristbands, and boots with roping. All of her clothing has patches.
In School of Dragons, Heather wears a long white, sleeveless tunic, similar to a lab coat, with round, metal shoulder pads. Around her waist is a yellow belt with with small pouches on the sides. She wears a light brown, long sleeve shirt underneath, brown bracers, green pants, and brown fur boots. Heather also has a pair of goggles on her head and carries a long magnifying glass.
Heather's appearance has a drastic change in Race to the Edge. Her tunic is the same color, wears a black, short sleeved hooded shirt, and a brown mask to hide her identity. She also has a brown leather vest, dark gray pants, and brown boots. She has three black belts, as well as one that holds her horn and a lens for the Dragon Eye. Heather has metallic-like shoulder guards, bracers, knee pads, and skirt, all from the scales from Windshear. Heather's hairstyle is about the same, with the exception of all her hair being pulled back and her braid being longer. She no longer wears eye liner.
Heather also possesses a satchel similar to the ones the other riders use, except it is black in color and has no crest on it.
Heather is quite intelligent, and able to think her way out of trouble. While she may seem deceptive and aggressive at first, she actually has a kind nature, going to extremes to protect those she cares about, even if it means betrayal.
Heather also appears to value trust, even with her enemies. This trait made it easy for her to work with the dragons. However, after losing her adoptive family, she had a hard time letting people in, usually trying to do things on her own. This causes Heather to make the wrong choices, even if for the right reasons. This shows that the loss of her family unhinged her a little bit.
Heather's encounters with the Dragon Riders, as well as Dagur, affected her greatly. She has become a vigilante for justice and strengthened herself as a warrior. She even returns stolen loot from pirates to their rightful owners. She still shows compassion and care for the Riders, not wanting them to get involved with her mission, most likely to keep them safe.
Heather is very observant, thus very knowledgeable. She asks Astrid if she and Hiccup are together when she notices how close they are.
She is also shown to hold and overcome grudges against those who did her wrong, namely her brother.
While at first Heather was quite nervous around dragons, her time on Berk, and after meeting Windshear, she has developed a love for them. Heather is shown to taking an interesting in learning about dragons, such as tracking the Flightmare. She has become determined to protect species, as such she wanted to take down the Dragon Hunters for good.
In the TV series
Heather is the daughter of Oswald the Agreeable and sister to Dagur the Deranged. She was given a horn by Hooligan chieftain Stoick the Vast. However, she was separated from her family and was taken in by a couple who raised her as their own daughter.
Riders of Berk
Heather is first found under a wrecked boat, when the Dragon Riders check out the scene. She becomes frightened at the first sight of them. She then tells them that pirates attacked her family's ship and were laying siege to her island. Trying to make her feel better, Hiccup let her stay at his house until they got things sorted out. That night, however, Astrid saw Heather spying on her and Stormfly, thus becoming suspicious of the newcomer.
The next morning, Hiccup was trying to find a way to make Toothless have a greater speed. Heather helped Hiccup figure out a way to increase Toothless' speed by using a shorter connecting rod, which would push the rider back in the saddle more, making them more streamlined. Hiccup thanks her for the suggestion. While the two tested it out, Hiccup ended up missing his meet up with Astrid to check their dragons' timing. When they got to the Academy, Heather began to realize Astrid's animosity when she asked her if she slept well and was given a glare. She was then showed the Book of Dragons, and Astrid grabbed it when Heather asked to see it. Though Astrid tried to warn Hiccup, he said he trusted her.
Heather began to ask the other boys about their dragons and their abilities. Afterwards, she looked around Hiccup's room for the Book of Dragons to find information on Deadly Nadders. Astrid caught Heather, but she managed to convince Hiccup that she was cleaning his room and found it. Astrid then tells Hiccup about seeing Heather sneaking around last night, but once again she tells him that she went for a walk because she was having nightmares. Astrid storms off, and Heather apologizes for reading the book, though Hiccup still trusts her.
Heather then sneaks off to Stormfly's pen and tries to gain her trust by feeding her chicken. Astrid catches her again, but this time Heather doesn't use her "innocent routine," saying Astrid was too smart for it in a cocky manner. She further pushes her buttons when even Stormfly was taking a liking to her.
Later, when Stoick and Hiccup are clearing the table, Heather goes for the book under Hiccup's bed. However, Hiccup has it with him, leaving her in a desperate situation. Heather then makes her way to the beach, unaware that Astrid, who was in the forest venting, was following her. Heather met up with Savage, revealing she was working with the Outcasts. She explains that the Riders have a book with everything they know about dragons, though she doesn't have it. Begging for more time, she tells Savage she will get it. Astrid accidentally knocks over some pebbles, alerting Heather to make her way back. Astrid tries to warn Hiccup with what she discovered, but Heather is already in bed, apparently having been asleep the whole time.
The next morning, Heather not only makes off with the Book of Dragons, but Stormfly as well. While she tries to fly her, Heather is unskilled at dragon riding, moving in a sloppy manner. Finally convinced, the Dragon Riders chase, and soon catch up to her. Astrid manages to jump onto Stormfly's back and the two girls fight for her and the book. When they cross into Outcast territory, Astrid knocks Heather off, along with the book. Snotlout catches her while Hiccup tries to grab the book. However, the Outcasts fire at him and Toothless, forcing them to retreat. Leaving the Book of Dragons in the hands of Alvin the Treacherous.
Heather is then locked up in Berk. She breaks out of jail and runs toward a boat but Astrid catches her. After being thrown back in her cell, Heather reveals that the only reason she worked for Alvin was because he had her parents. Astrid questions her pirate story and she admits she made it up. Heather says she did it because she needed the Riders to trust her, but Astrid, unmoved, tells that they no longer trusted her. .
When Astrid poses as her to retrieve the Book of Dragons with Hiccup and the others as backup, Heather gets a plan. Bucket comes with cabbage soup and sees that the jail is empty. He goes inside, and Heather, on the ceiling, jumps and knocks him out. Heather manages to escape and takes Stormfly again, but this time to help the teens. Astrid manages to retrieve the book and rescue Heather's parents, after learning she was telling the truth. When Heather finally gets to Outcast Island, she helps the teens fight back. After getting the Book of Dragons and headed back to Berk, Heather and Astrid have finally become friends, as she thanks her for saving her family. Heather leaves Berk with her parents.
Some time later, Heather's village was attacked by Dagur the Deranged. After that, she found and trained a Razorwhip, naming her Windshear. The two later started to raid ships and redistributing the stolen goods back to their rightful owners.
Race to the Edge
In Have Dragon Will Travel Part I, one of her raids was spotted by Bucket and Mulch, thus drawing attention of Berk's Dragon Riders and was tracked back to her camp. One by one, she incapacitates them until only Hiccup is left. After a chase, Hiccup corners Heather and she reveals her identity. She explains she only did it because she had made a lot of enemies and she didn't want the Riders to get involved. After clearing things up, Hiccup and the riders invited her to stay at the Dragon's Edge.
When they asked how she trained a Razorwhip, Heather explained it was because of training the Riders showed her. After telling them how she and Windshear met, they soon noticed a more intense side to Heather. While this worried Hiccup, Astrid enjoyed it.
Later that evening, Hiccup asks why Heather was attacking ships, but she just tells him not to worry, though Hiccup is. She tells him that a lot has happened in the last few years, how everything had changed for her. Hiccup is still surprised by her change, even unsure it's the real her. Heather is about to tell him what happened, but shrugs it off. Hiccup assures her that the others are there for her. Heather thanks him for being a great friend.
That night, Heather locks the dragons in their pens so she can't be followed. Unknown to her, Hiccup and Toothless are not far behind. She then meets up with Trader Johann to get the information she's looking for. Heather then heads out to find Dagur, to get her revenge for her parents and village. However, Dagur was not traveling alone, and used the chains from the Reaper to capture her and Windshear. Thankfully, Hiccup and Toothless arrive in time and blast the winches, freeing them. While Heather wants to stay and fight, Hiccup convinces her to retreat for Windshear's safety.
On the way back, Hiccup explains that he knows Dagur wiped out her village and tries to tell her she doesn't have to do everything alone, though Heather tells him she feels destined to be alone. She admits to him she was actually separated from her birth family at a young age. All she could really remember was her father's hands and the smell of his shield he let her play with. She also tells him her horn was given to her by her birth father, wishing to know who he was.
After arriving back at Dragon's Edge, Heather apologized for locking up the dragons, thinking the Riders wouldn't let her go if they knew what she was up to. The Dragon Riders bury the hatchet, saying Heather was one of them now. Once again, they, excluding Hiccup, swoon over her, but Astrid pulls her away for some girl time.
The two quickly bond at target practice. Astrid still wants Heather to show her how she made her axe. Heather then asks if Astrid and Hiccup were a couple, throwing Astrid's focus off. She explains that they are just friends, but Heather doesn't buy it. Astrid then pokes about her and Snotlout, though Heather says she likes a little smarts, like Fishlegs. Astrid teases this, finding it hard to believe. The girls move on to another activity, jumping of cliffs and grabbing on to their dragons. Astrid makes it, but Heather misses, though Windshear catches her in time.
Heather decides to show Astrid something at her camp. There they meet up with Johann, who was worried about Heather as she was not around. The two explain that Johann is Heather's informant on Dagur. He tells them that Dagur is about to make a deal for some new ships with anti-dragon catapults and grappling hooks in the Sea of Despair. After the deal is done, Johann won't be able to find him again. Heather and Astrid head back to the dragon camp for reinforcements, but the Riders are unsure as Hiccup and Toothless, who have headed to Berk, are not there, even Astrid. Heather is hurt by this, thinking that all they had said about having her back was just talk. But before she leaves, the others have decided to join her, as long as it was just a capture mission. Heather agrees, saying they'll sink Dagur's armada and throw him back in prison on Outcast Island. Astrid leaves the map for Hiccup to find so he can meet up with them later.
When they arrive, the twins, Snotlout, and Fishlegs distract Dagur's crew, while Astrid, Heather and their dragons sneak aboard. The two quickly capture Dagur, and when Heather tells Windshear to finish him off, Astrid protests, but Heather has changed her mind, as Dagur didn't capture her village. He is able to tell Heather something, but she gags him, giving the signal to Windshear, only to be stopped by Toothless' blast. Hiccup arrives, trying to tell Heather not to do this, but she isn't shaken, until he tells her his father's seal is caved into Heather horn, which he found earlier. He explains that years ago, Stoick gave it to Oswald the Agreeable for his newborn daughter, telling her he was Heather's father, as well as Dagur's father. Heather is horrified, realizing that Dagur the Deranged, the person who destroyed everything she had, is actually her very own brother!
When the rest of Dagur's fleet shows up, Hiccup tells Heather they need to go, but she is still in shock. Dagur offers Heather to join him, as he's the only family she has left. He even tempted her by saying he knows she feels the Berserker blood flowing through her veins. She gets to her feet, grabs her ax, and leaps over Dagur onto Windshear. She glares at him, unable to accept him as her brother, but still spares his life.
That evening, Heather begins packing to leave. Astrid tries to convince her to stay, where she'll be safe and have support. Heather refuses, as she has a lot to figure out. Heather thanks Astrid, saying it was great to have a friend again before taking off.
Heather returned when she was on the Dragon Hunters' ship. Thinking she was captured as well, Astrid tried to tell her to run, but surprised when Dagur showed up. Heather claimed to have joined her brother and the Dragon Hunters. The next episode, Astrid was furious at Heather for betraying the Riders after all they had done for her. Heather decided to join Dagur as he was the only family she had left, and said he would never hurt her. When the Dragon Riders escaped, Heather confronted Astrid when she was trying to save Stormfly, which she appeared to be victorious. When Dagur came up with the idea to throw the riders overboard, Heather insisted they use them for work and take them to Viggo, which Ryker agreed too. While Dagur was mad at Heather for turning down his idea, she said she did it to protect him. If the riders escaped, Ryker would be blamed and not Dagur. To this Dagur happily said she was his sister.
When Hiccup and Snotlout gave the other a chance to escape, Heather took on Astrid, instead of letting two dragon hunters. Though a quick scuffle, Astrid knocks Heather off her feet, and again races to Stormfly. Heather follows her, pulling out her axe while Astrid grabs Stormfly's chains. Appearing to have been beaten, Heather returns to Dagur and Ryker, who then later claimed they were closer to the Dragon Eye.
Heather was then found camping out in a snowstorm on Glacier Island. She then encountered Astrid, and while they, and their dragons, stood off, the two soon hugged, revealing Heather was not actually working with the Dragon Hunters, but spying on them. She even sent Dagur on an impossible quest to find another Dragon Eye. It was also Heather who gave the information to Astrid about them coming to Glacier Island and not Trader Johann like she claimed. Heather told Astrid about a cave where she believed the Snow Wraith was hibernating and planned to keep Ryker along the coast. Though Astrid was uncomfortable about keeping this a secret from Hiccup, since she never lied to him. But Heather insists to keep the other riders in the dark.
Heather tried to convince Ryker, but he still insisted on checking the caves. Heather purposely revealed their location to the Riders, and saved Hiccup from being shot at by a hunter by knocking him out. Ryker then command Heather to use Windshear to trapped the dragon riders, which she hesitantly agreed to. After the hunters captured the Snow Wraiths, the Riders manages to take them back to relocate, while Hiccup went after Heather and Ryker. Hiccup was about to shoot them down, forcing Astrid to tell him that Heather was on their side, giving her a chance to escape.
Astrid explained, back on Dragon's Edge, that Heather only got close to Dagur so she could avenge her family. When she found about about the Dragon Hunters, she continued the charade to find a way to taken them down as well. According to Heather, the leader of the Dragon Hunters was not Ryker, but a man named Viggo Grimborn, whom everyone was afraid of. Since Viggo stayed in the shadows, Heather planned to work with the Hunters to draw him out.
Heather joined in the attack seize Dragon's Edge while trying to give Ruffnut a chance to escape. During first part, she pretended to see and get caught in an ambush, sending one of the search parties running. Heather had Windshear shoot a spine at Ruffnut's head, so she could get free and take Windshear to get backup. Though while doing this, Ruffnut head butted her. When Hiccup and the others showed up, Heather used her horn to call Windshear back.
During an attack by Hiccup's riders, Ryker begins to question Heather's loyalty. During the raid, she has Windshear fire at Snotlout and the twins to make the fight believable. She even had Windshear take a spike from Stormfly. When Ryker confronted her, Dagur defended her, much to Heather's surprise. Then one of the hunters gave a message to Ryker about regrouping with Viggo. Heather asked Dagur what he knew about the Dragon Hunter leader, telling her he was very clever and that everyone was afraid of him, even his own brother. When Dagut joked about having family conflict, this made Heather slightly nervous.
When Heather, Dagur, and Ryker met Viggo in his tent, the leader began to talk about a game called Maces and Talons, using it as an example about trust and trickery. During this moment, one of the hunters was brought in for taking some goods. Surprisingly, Viggo spared the man, and sent the others off to get some rest, except Heather. He told her about his knowledge of a traitor, questioning if it was Dagur or Ryker. He then told Heather of his plan to capture a Flightmare.
Heather later met up with Astrid and Hiccup about the plan. She gave them a map that she used to track the Mystery Class dragon, also telling them it was going to be just her, Windshear, and Viggo. The three planned an ambush to take out Viggo for good. However, when Heather and Viggo arrived to the island, she discovered Viggo already knew she was the traitor, and sent his fleet to the island. After fighting off several hunters, Heather and Windshear joined the Dragon Riders. But when the Flightmare was captured, she tried to save it. This led to her and Windshear being caught as well.
Later, Heather tried to reason with Dagur into letting her go, since they were family. Though Dagur refused, even argued about how she tried to kill him before. Heather explains she didn't know they were siblings at the time, and that he also had wiped out her village. While this does cause Dagur to think for a moment, he still locks her up.
After a conversation with Ryker, Dagur leads Heather, along with two guards into a cave, then knocks the hunters out. He then frees Heather and reunites her with Windshear. The two do not speak, as Dagur walks off. Heather then helps Hiccup and Astrid redirect the Flightmare away from the island. However, she and Windshear disappear afterwards without a word.
School of Dragons
Heather appears in the School of Dragons as the alchemist. Before the game was released, she was replaced with Katrina the Curious. Heather replaced her a few months later, but still wears the same outfit as Katrina.
Heather helps out with experiments and understanding how things work.
Call of the Death Song
In the Call of the Death Song expansion pack, she also wears her rogue dragon rider clothing, with the only difference being her hair is visible. She helps the player throughout the game, but does not reveal her identity. Eventually, the player learns her secret after finding the broken glass bombs the rider used outside the Lab. Heather reveals she kept the secret from the others to protect them from Dagur, as he attacked her village and family. Heather asks to keep her identity from the others a little longer, to keep them safe.
At the end of the last quest in the second expansion pack, Heather is seen in her dragon rider attire, without her hood and mask.
Battle for the Edge
Heather joins in on the fight against the Dragon Hunters, with the Dragon Riders now aware of her identity. She first requires the player's help when she lost her book on Glacier Island. After retrieving the book, the Snow Wraith's camouflage gives her an idea about hiding the catapults on Dragon's Edge. She also helped in figuring out that iron is the best choice of metal for the Armorwing, due to its magnetic skin.
When Harald Forkbeard proves to be a traitor, Heather, who has encountered him in the past, creates wanted posters of him to put around the school, Berk, and Dragon's Edge so he can't fool people again.
Heather arrives on Dragon's Edge to help face the Dragons Hunters. In the aftermath, while she is happy they won, she is concerned about what might have happened if she hadn't shown up when she did.
Abilities, Skills & Talents
- Acting: Heather is a very good actress, as she was able to fool the Dragon Riders for a few days, except Astrid, who saw her sneaking around. These skills are used again when infiltrating the Dragon Hunters. Only Viggo was able to figure her out.
- Strength and Fighting Skills: Despite her size, Heather is pretty tough. She is able to take on Astrid, as well as able to scale the walls in Berk's prison, and stay at the top for some time. Heather became much stronger after her village was attacked. She is capable of taking on at least three dragon hunters at once. Heather's weapon is a double axe that is able to fold at the end. She prefers close combat, so she can stare her enemies in the eye.
- Dragon Training and Riding: Even with very little time spent on Berk, Heather picked up on dragon training pretty quickly, as all the dragons have taken a liking to her. Even though she wasn't very fast, she was also capable of flying with Stormfly. Her skills have improved by Race to the Edge, with her training her own dragon, Windshear.
- Alchemy: As the Alchemist in School of Dragons, Heather has extensive knowledge with experimenting. It is unknown if she has this skill in the series; however, she also appears to be well-versed in medicine, as she was able to treat Windshear's wounds.
- Intelligence and Builder: She is shown to be pretty clever to come up with a great lie to fool everyone. She even came up with ideas to escape from prison. In School of Dragons, she loves to experiment and figure things out. Heather seems a bit inventive, as she was able to help Hiccup increase Toothless' speed with a shorter connecting rod. She also made her own battle axe. She was able to create her own armor from Windshear scales.
- Berserk: When she was younger, Heather didn't display any tendencies. These traits began to appear after Dagur's attack. She seemed to enjoy fighting more than before. This and the loss of her family have also made Heather a bit unstable, though not dangerously so.
Dagur is Heather's older brother but while Dagur respects her, Heather hates him and wanted to kill him to avenge her adoptive parents (who Dagur killed), unaware of their relations. But she stopped trying after she learned that he was actually her brother. While Dagur did offer her to join him, she refused, and she is still holding a grudge against him.
Heather later did join Dagur, though only to avenge her family. However, the more time they spent together, Heather did begin to form a relationship with her brother. When Viggo found out she was a spy and had Dagur lock her up, Heather tried to reason with Dagur, though he didn't listen at first. However, Dagur did free her and reunited her with Windshear.
Heather and Windshear have an unbreakable bond. Having both experienced, and risen above, tragedy.
Heather found Windshear after she was attacked by a Typhoomerang. Using what she learned from the Dragon Riders, she was able to treat and train her. The two soon became an unstoppable team. Heather even used some of Windshear's barbs to style her new outfit. Heather happily told the Riders about her dragon, quite proud of her abilities.
While Heather demonstrated a single-minded focus to kill Dagur, Hiccup managed to convince her otherwise as Windshear was also put at risk, showing how much she cares for her dragon. She also takes into account Windshear when Heather picked out her campsite, choosing an island with a large amount of sea slugs, Windshear's favorite.
Heather cares very deeply about her parents and would do whatever it took to save them from Alvin. In Have Dragon Will Travel Part II, it is revealed that they are not her biological parents, but she still loved them. Losing them and her village became her motivation to attack Dagur.
Even after all the Heather and Dagur had been through while she was with the Dragon Hunters, she still hadn't quite forgiven him about destroying her island.
- "Thanks, Astrid. It was nice having a friend again."
Heather was happy to see Astrid again, and the two got along very well. They spent a lot of time bonding and worked together as a team when they raided Dagur's ship. Heather also teased Astrid about her closeness with Hiccup, insinuating Hiccup and Astrid are more than friends. Although Astrid repeatedly denied it, Heather still did not seem convinced. After their encounter with Johann, Heather gathered the other riders to accompany her in the attack against Dagur's fleet. She was initially hurt when Astrid expressed her hesitation and made Astrid feel guilty for it. Before she left, Heather thanked Astrid, saying it was great having a friend again.
Since then, Astrid had become Heather's closest friend and greatest ally. Night of the Hunters Part II, confided in her about her plan to infiltrate the Dragon Hunters, while Astrid in return promised to keep Heather's involvement a secret. In Snow Way Out they met up again in secret so she could inform Astrid and the riders of Ryker's plan to capture a Snow Wraith. Astrid ended up confiding in Heather about her guilt of lying to Hiccup. Heather reassured Astrid and told her to trust her.
- "You're so sweet. Thank you, Hiccup. You've always been a great friend to me."
When they met up again, Hiccup was surprised by how much Heather had changed. When Hiccup question why she attacked the ship from earlier and told her the others were there for her, she changed the subject by thanking him for his concern. After saving her from being captured by Dagur, Heather revealed how she was separated from her birth family.
Heather insisted Astrid not to tell Hiccup about her being a spy, as he cares too much about others and would try to pull her out if he knew the truth. When one of the hunters was about to shoot Hiccup, Heather had Windshear knock over another with her tail, revealing the trap.
- "I like a little smarts. Like Fishlegs."
Heather and Fishlegs have expressed romantic interest in one another on several occasions on Race to the Edge. Heather smiled warmly at him and shyly tucked her hair behind her ear when Fishlegs offered to help her in Have Dragon Will Travel Part II. During her talk with Astrid, Heather referred to Fishlegs as cute and funny.
Heather was a little more flirtatious with Snotlout than the others, most likely because he flirted with her. She did thank him for "saving" her, but was more interested in learning about Hookfang. When Heather left Berk, Snotlout told her to write to him, but she just smiled and shook her head. After meeting up again, Snotlout continued to flirt with Heather, only this time she had no problem pushing him aside. When demonstrating Windshear's abilities, she used them on Snotlout, though not directly.
Heather later tells Astrid she doesn't like macho Vikings.
While learning about the Hideous Zippleback, Heather worked with Tuffnut. When he suggested getting rid of his sister so they could share Barf and Belch, Heather preferred to focus on the dragon. Tuffnut actually questioned why the Riders were friends with Heather after she nearly attacked them, locked up their dragons, and snuck away. Though the sincerity of her apology got the better of him.
In Have Dragon Will Travel Part II, Ruff was very impressed by Windshear, complimenting Heather at an uncomfortably close range. In Edge of Disaster Part II, Heather helped Ruffnut and loaned Windshear to her so she could escape. Though later when she got her dragon back, Heather punched Ruffnut for head butting her earlier.
Johann is Heather's informant. He gives her the information she needs to find pirates that have raided other tribes, and Dagur as well.
Johann does appear to care about Heather, not just as a partner, but as a friend. When the Terrible Terror letter he sent to her returned, and saw her camp was abandoned, he feared the worst, but was relieved that Heather was alright.
Stormfly and Academy Dragons
Heather quickly bonded with Stormfly after she gave the Nadder some chicken. However, she had no experience riding dragons and couldn't control her. When Heather tried to ride her again, Stormfly was unsure at first until Heather mentioned finding Astrid. Even years later, Heather remembered how much Stormfly loved chicken.
Toothless was the first of the dragons she met, and was initially scared of him, but soon grew to like him. When Dagur approached her, Toothless defended Heather, keeping the Berserker chief away from her.
The other dragons also took a quick liking to Heather. Barf let her sit on him and Hookfang seemed pleased when she pet him. Meatlug seemed to happy to be call cute and thinking she was strong dragon from her tail.
Savage was Heather's contact when she was forced to work with the Outcasts. She told him about the Book of Dragons, and begged for more time to get it.
When Heather joined Dagur, she was occasionally seen with Savage as well. He followed her orders like he does with Dagur.
Alvin the Treacherous and the Outcast Tribe
While Heather did work for the Outcasts for a short time, it was only because Alvin threatened her parents unless she found out Berk's dragon secrets. She told Savage that they had a book on controlling dragons and begged for more time. While she managed to deliver the book, she was captured by the Dragon Riders. Heather later joined the riders in fighting the Outcasts.
Ryker and Viggo Grimborn
Ryker did not trust Heather, since she rode a dragon, but still kept her around. Even though Heather was not on Ryker's side, she still followed his orders. When Ryker suspected her for treason, she stood up for herself, and so did Dagur.
Heather planned to lure Viggo out to stop the Dragon Hunters. When she first met Viggo, he talked about fooling people, using the game Maces and Talons as an example. When Viggo told Heather he believed that Dagur, or even Ryker, were responsible for the failed plans, Heather told Hiccup and Astrid about his plan to capture a Flightmare, unaware he already knew she was the traitor.
- Heather has many differences from the other teens.
- Unlike Ruffnut and Astrid, Heather does not have blonde hair and blue eyes. She also doesn't wear anything blue.
- She and Hiccup are the only ones who have sleeves.
- Heather wears no fur or metal, except her boots in School of Dragons. However, this may be due to the limited animation or the series, though her clothes do not resemble anything that could be fur based.
- Heather's armor is made out of Windshear's scales, so not technically metal.
- Heather doesn't use a saddle for Windshear. Both Valka and Gustav don't use saddles either.
- Heather is the first adoptive child in the franchise.
- Due to the large amount of patches on her clothes, it is possible Heather comes from a poor island. She is the only character with patched and torn clothing that is not a villain.
- Meatlug is the only academy dragon Heather hasn't rode, not counting Belch's head.
- Heather's story about her family's boat being attacked by pirates might be how they were captured by the Outcasts.
- A piece of Heather's concept art is seen at in the end credits of Riders of Berk from Heather Report Part I to We Are Family Part II.
- Heather is the the only female Berserker ever seen.
- Except for Snow Way Out, all of Heather's appearances have been in two-part episodes.
- Heather is the only original character who did not return in Defenders of Berk.
- Heather and Eret, from How to Train Your Dragon 2, shares some similarities as both characters worked for either the Outcasts or Drago's Army respectively when they met the Dragon Riders. But their allegiance to the antagonists was not out of loyalty and both characters would join the Riders in defeating the respective antagonists. Coincidentally enough, both have black hair and are the only Dragon Riders not from Berk.
- In School of Dragons, she narrates the Skrill's bio at the Hatchery, instead of Gobber like the other dragons. She also says she would like to test how strong its electricity is. This could be a hint about her origins.
- In the franchise timeline order, Heather is the first dragon rider not originally from Berk.
- Heather's shoulder guards are similar to the ones Dagur used to wear.
- Heather's return is similar to Valka's in HTTYD 2:
- Both are masked vigilantes attacking raiders.
- Both of their dragons are in the Sharp Class.
- Heather and Astrid have a lot in common by Race to the Edge.
- Their dragons are in the Sharp Class, before the Deadly Nadder's reclassification. They also both have specific favored food.
- They are the only female dragon riders that have the same gender as their dragons.
- They both wear shoulder guards.
- Their weapon of choice is an axe and are able to hold their own in battle.
- Have experienced a loss that motivated them (Heather lost her adoptive parents, Astrid lost her uncle).
- Heather has a similar hairstyle to Astrid in How to Train Your Dragon 2
- Heather has some similarities to Hiccup by the sequel.
- Both have green eyes.
- Their fathers were both chieftains of their tribes.
- Both trained their dragons after they suffered injuries.
- Have been separated from family members at a young age, who they later reunite with.
- Each possess a momentum from one of their parents (her horn and Hiccup's toy).
- Heather is similar to Fishlegs' book counterpart. Both were separated from their birth familes, have an accessory from their parents, and have some relation to being Berserk (Heather is originally from the Berserker Tribe and Fishlegs is a Berserk from his mother's side). Both also have a family member who is one of Berk's greatest enemies.
- Heather's reaction to finding out Dagur was her brother is similar to Luke Skywalker's reaction to finding out Darth Vader is his father in the Star Wars universe. She wanted to kill Dagur (much like Luke to Vader), was incredibly shocked when she found out (very similar to Luke), and she got away from Dagur after he wanted her to join his side (again, much like when Luke got away after Vader wanted him on his side).
- Heather is the third character in the franchise to have a look inspired by their own dragon. The first was Hiccup, and the Second was Valka. Out of the three, Heather is the only one to use actual scales from her dragon.
- Even though her dragon rider avatar is aged up in School of Dragons, her alchemist one is not.
- According to an interview with Dean DeBlois and Richard Hamilton, there is a chance that Heather might appear in their graphic novels, which take place after the second film. 
Riders of Berk
- "My family and I were on our way home to our island when our boat was attacked by pirates."
- "They attacked our boat and took us back to our island, laying seige to it. I was able to escape, but my mother and father, they weren't so lucky."
- "So this is it? Your dragon training academy."
- (after blasting a boat) "What do we do now?!"
- "Take as much time as you need!"
- (to Astrid) "You really like to sneak up on people."
- "You're way too smart for that Astrid."
- "I think your dragon likes me. See you later, Stormfly."
- "You don't understand! Alvin has my parents!"
- "There were never any pirates. I made it up. But I had to. I needed you to trust me!"
- "Sorry Bucket, but I have to get to Outcast Island. And nothing's going to stop me."
- "OK, never startle a sleeping Nadder."
- "It's OK. I wouldn't have believed me either."
- "I can't thank you enough, especially you, Astrid. You put your life on the line for us. I'll never forget that."
- (Hiccup tells her if she needs help again she'll ask) "I will. I promise."
Race to the Edge
- "I wouldn't either."
- "Look, I've been living on my own out here for years, and I have made more than a few enemies."
- "Remember, girl, we're doing this for my mom and dad. For our whole village!"
- "I want my face to be the last thing Dagur ever sees!"
- "I'm willing to do whatever it takes."
- "Seems I'm destined to be alone."
- "I remember my father's hands. They were rough, like sandstone, but so gentle."
- "Look, I'm sorry I locked up your dragons. I just didn't trust you guys would let me go after Dagur."
- "So, you two are a thing, right?"
- "Come on. I've seen the way you two are together."
- "And if you need a warrior to take care of that dastardly Berserker, I'm your girl."
- "Looks like it's just you and me, Windshear. As usual."
- "Sorry, Astrid. I changed my mind. Dagur didn't capture my village, so this ends here!"
- "Stoick's seal is carved in my horn? What are you saying?"
- "I know. I just have a lot I need to figure out."
- "Thanks Astrid. It was nice having a friend again."
- "Hey, family is family."
- "Enjoy your new home, Astrid. You're going to be here awhile."
- "And I thank you for all of that, but I have to follow my destiny."
- "I was protecting you, brother. From what you told me about him, I doubt Viggo takes kindly to losing valuable property. If anything happens to the Riders, let Ryker be on the hook for it. Not you."
- "Well, Ryker doesn't trust anyone and Dagur's paranoid, but so far I think I'm okay."
- "Astrid, if we told Hiccup I was spying on the hunters, we both know he would try to pull me out of there."
- "She's a dragon covered in spikes, walking on ice. She's going to make noise."
- "How many times do Dagur and I have to tell you that Hiccup is more valuable to us alive than dead?!"
- "Hope you're holding the fort, guys."
- "Sorry, Windshear, but this has to look real."
- "Look, it's me, Viggo, and Windshear. The perfect time for an ambush."
- "You set this whole thing up!"
- "I'm so sorry, Hiccup! Viggo, he made me--!"
- "Dagur, we come from a proud and historic tribe of Viknings; Berserkers! We don't turn on each other! We stand for each other! How can you just ignore that?"
- "I didn't know you were my brother at the time! And, if you remember, you destroyed my entire island!"
School of Dragons
- "Hey, I'm Heather."
- "It's nice to be back with my Berk friends."
- "I think your dragon likes me."
- "What should my next experiment be?"*
- "I think of learning as an adventure in knowledge."*
- "Whew, I nearly singed my eyebrows off in the lab. Make sure you're really safe when doing your experiments."*
- "Keep your cool and you can get out of any situation, with a little help from your friends."
- "Astrid was pretty convincing when she pretended to be me. I should dress up like her one day!"
- "They say a Skrill lets electricity out of its body at all times. I wish I could test exactly how strong it is!"
*lines shared with Katrina