Captured by the Outcasts
Heather claims to the Dragon Riders that she and her parents were attacked by pirates and laid siege to her village.
Heather finally confessed that her parents were captured by Alvin, not pirates. However, the riders had already found out she was working with the Outcasts, so no one believed her.
When Astrid, who was disguised as Heather and infiltrated Outcast Island, was about to leave with the Dragon Manual, Alvin came back with Heather's Adoptive Parents, revealing the truth. He would return them to "Heather" for the book. Astrid then tries to rescue them, but is found out by Alvin, when he touched her dyed hair, and is forced to take them to Hiccup and the others. The couple was frightened at the sight of Toothless, and were carried by Stormfly back to Berk.
Heather's parents then left Berk with their daughter and headed back home to their island.
Their Teenage Adopted Daughter
Heather also revealed in "Have Dragon Will Travel, Part 2" that her parents were actual adoptive parents and had been separated from her real family at a very young age.
|Riders of Berk|
|1. "How to Start a Dragon Academy":||Absent||11. "Heather Report, Part 2":||Background|
|2. "Viking for Hire":||Absent||12. "Thawfest":||Absent|
|3. "Animal House":||Absent||13. "When Lightning Strikes":||Absent|
|4. "The Terrible Twos":||Absent||14. "What Flies Beneath":||Absent|
|5. "In Dragons We Trust":||Absent||15. "Twinsanity":||Absent|
|6. "Alvin and the Outcasts":||Absent||16. "Defiant One":||Absent|
|7. "How to Pick Your Dragon":||Absent||17. "Breakneck Bog":||Absent|
|8. "Portrait of Hiccup as a Buff Young Man":||Absent||18. "Gem of a Different Color":||Absent|
|9. "Dragon Flower":||Absent||19. "We Are Family, Part 1":||Absent|
|10. "Heather Report, Part 1":||Mentioned||20. "We Are Family, Part 2":||Absent|
|Race to the Edge, Season 1|
|1. "Dragon Eye of the Beholder, Part 1":||Absent||8. "Crushing It":||Absent|
|2. "Dragon Eye of the Beholder, Part 2":||Absent||9. "Quake, Rattle and Roll":||Absent|
|3. "Imperfect Harmony":||Absent||10. "Have Dragon Will Travel, Part 1":||Mentioned|
|4. "When Darkness Falls":||Absent||11. "Have Dragon Will Travel, Part 2":||Mentioned|
|5. "Big Man on Berk":||Absent||12. "The Next Big Sting":||Absent|
|6. "Gone Gustav Gone":||Absent||13. "Total Nightmare":||Absent|
|7. "Reign of Fireworms":||Absent|
- The parents designs are the same as background characters on Berk. Coincidently, another couple with the same designs appeared in How to Pick Your Dragon.
- These parents were initially planned to be Heather's real parents but turned into her adoptive parents when Heather's character got rewritten for Race to the Edge and she was made to be Dagur's sister.
- These two characters have very similar features to Heather: the mother has black hair and the father has green eyes. They were especially designed to look like Heather as they were originally intended to be her real parents before it was decided that Heather would work better as a Beserker instead.
- They are the first adoptive parents in the HTTYD franchise.
- Ironically, Heather says her village was attacked by pirates. In her return, her village was destroyed by Dagur.