Heather's parents were a couple that adopted the lost daughter of Oswald the Agreeable. Many years later they were captured and held hostage by Alvin the Treacherous while he blackmailed Heather to get information on training dragons. At first to everyone, they were just Heather's parents, but then it was later discovered that they were actually Heather's adoptive parents.
Heather claims she and her parents were attacked by pirates and laid siege to her village.
Heather finally confessed that her parents were captured by Alvin. However, the riders had already found out she was working with the Outcasts, so no one believed her.
When Astrid, who was disguised as Heather, was about to leave with the Book of Dragons, Alvin came back with the two, revealing the truth. He would return them to "Heather" for the book. Astrid then tries to rescue them, but is found out by Alvin, when he touched her dyed hair, and is forced to take them to Hiccup and the others.The couple was surprised to see Toothless, and were carried by Stormfly back to Berk.
Heather's parents then left Berk with their daughter back home to their island.
Dragons: Race to the Edge
Heather mentions that her village was destroyed in a raid by Dagur the Deranged. She also insinuates that her parents were killed in the raid.
Heather also revealed that her parents were actual adoptive parents and had been separated from her real family at a young age.
- The parents designs are the same as background characters on Berk. Coincidently, another couple with the same designs appeared in How to Pick Your Dragon.
- These parents were initially planned to be Heather's real parents but turned into her adoptive parents when Heather's character got rewritten for Race to the Edge and she was made to be Dagur's sister.
- These two characters have very similar features to Heather: the mother has black hair and the father has green eyes. They were especially designed to look like Heather as they were originally intended to be her real parents before it was decided that Heather would work better as a Beserker instead.
- They are the first adoptive parents in the HTTYD franchise.
- Ironically, Heather says her village was attacked by pirates. In her return, her village was destroyed by Dagur.