How To Train Your Dragon 2 is the sequel to the How to Train Your Dragon film adaption. It is currently scheduled to be released June 13, 2014 and features the returning cast of the first film with Jay Baruchel, America Ferrera, Jonah Hill, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, TJ Miller, and Kristen Wiig reprising their roles. Gerard Butler was not initially included in the first announcements but has since been confirmed to be returning to the sequel as confirmed by Dean Deblois, co-writer and co-director of the first film.
The sequel's initial details were announced in October 2010, along with the tentative year of release. DeBlois is returning for the sequel but will take on sole writing and directing duties. Chris Sanders will serve as executive producer. The animated series aired August 7th 2012 building-up towards Dragon 2's release.
DeBlois has stated that the sequel will expand the current world of How To Train Your Dragon and will not be restricted to the island of Berk. Dragon 2 is apparently designed to be the 2nd chapter of a much greater story that takes the characters to new places and cultures, introducing new characters and dragon species in the process. He says this could potentially lead onto a 3rd film or further. Bonnie Arnold, who is returning as a producer for the film, states that the new adventure will show Hiccup on his journey of becoming a man and the leader of the Viking clan.
At 2013's CinemaCon event in April, DreamWorks premiered a teaser trailer for the film. In it, Hiccup is now 18 and more mature, also his appearence has changed and now sporting a new suit of flying leathers to accompany Toothless in flight. The trailer shows such a flight before the pair skydive through the air. Hiccup then activates his own leather wings to glide with Toothless, similar to how a flying squirrel moves through the air. Though the trailers has not been shown to the public, some still images of Hiccup and Toothless' new, aged designs have surfaced onto the internet.
There is metioned about the villian. He is buying kidnapped dragons apparently from Eret. As far as we know, he wants to gather a giant dragon army to take over the world. More information is in the interview.
DreamWorks registered several new trademarks related to How to Train Your Dragon 2 on May 4th, some of which may will be familiar to you if you saw the leaked movie photos:
- Snagglefang (dragon breed)
- Windgnashers (dragon breed)
- Cloudjumper (name of dragon)
- Bewilderbeast (name of dragon)
- Valka (character)
- Eret (character)
- Drago Bludvist (character)
On June 24th, DreamWorks released some of the flim's plot details:
"The thrilling second chapter of the epic How To Train Your Dragon trilogy brings back the fantastical world of Hiccup and Toothless five years later. While Astrid, Snoutlout and the rest of the gang are challenging each other to dragon races (the island’s new favorite contact sport), the now inseparable pair journey through the skies, charting unmapped territories and exploring new worlds. When one of their adventures leads to the discovery of a secret ice cave that is home to hundreds of new wild dragons and the mysterious Dragon Rider, the two friends find themselves at the center of a battle to protect the peace".
The teaser-trailer can now be watched: http://www.berksgrapevine.com/2013/07/dragons-2-teaser-is-out.html#more
Also there is an interview which tells of more detail.
America Ferrera will return in the sequel as Astrid.
Craig Ferguson will return in the sequel as Gobber.
Christoppher Mintz-Plasse will return to the sequel as Fishlegs.
Gerard Butler will return in the sequel as Stoick.
Jonah Hill will return in the sequel as Snotlout.
T.J. Miller will return in the sequel as Tuffnut.
Kristen Wiig will return in the sequel as Ruffnut.
Cate Blanchett as Valka
Cate Blanchett will voice the new character, Valka, as the wife of Stoick the Vast, in How To Train Your Dragon 2.
Djimon Hounsou as Drago Bludvist
Djimon will voice one of, if not the main, antagonists in How To Train Your Dragon 2, Drago Bluvist.
Kit Harington of Game of Thrones will cast in the How to Train Your Dragon sequel as a villain.
Voice Casts (International)🌐
- Eleazar Gómez - Hiccup (Hipo)
- Idzi Dutkiewicz - Stoick the Vast (Estoico el Vasto)
- Héctor Lee - Gobber (Bocon el Rudo)
- Leyla Rangel - Astrid
- Héctor Emmanuel Gómez - Snotlout (Patan Moscoso)
- Gabriela Ugarte - Ruffnut (Brutilda Torton)
- Carlo Vázquez - Tuffnut (Brutacio Torton)
- Donald Reignoux - Hiccup (Harold)
- Emmanuel Jacomy - Stoick the Vast (Stoïck la brute)
- Julien Kramer - Gobber (Gueulfor le burp)
- Florine Orphelin - Astrid
French - Quebec (Québécoises)
- Xaiver Dolan - Hiccup (Harold)
- Sylvain Hétu - Stoick thé Vast (Stoïck la brute)
- Geneviève Déry - Astrid
- Carl Béchard - Gobber (Gueulfor le burp)
- Oliver Visentin - Snotlout
- Marie-Ève Soulard La Ferrière - Ruffnut
- Laurent-Christophe De Ruelle - Tuffnut
- Flavio Aquilone - Hiccup
- Alexander Rybak - Hiccup (Hikke)
Portuguese - Portugal (Português - Portugal)
Portuguese - Brazil (Português - Brasil)
- As seen in the trailer, Hiccup made Toothless a new tail fin, that allows him to glide on his own, while Hiccup is off, using his squirrel suit
- An interview with Gerald Butler tells us that Cate Blanchett's character, Valka, will play the role of Stoick's wife
- According to an concept image, Skrills, Timberjacks, Whispering Deaths, Snaptrappers, and Scauldrons will probably be featured in this film.
- ↑ http://www.collider.com/2010/10/11/baruchel-ferguson-ferrera-hill-mintz-plasse-miller-wiig-how-to-train-your-dragon-sequel/?_r=true
- ↑ http://www.latinoreview.com/news/entire-cast-returns-for-how-to-train-your-dragon-2-12616
- ↑ http://screenrant.com/how-to-train-your-dragon-2-details-cast-ross-82526/
- ↑ http://www.berksgrapevine.com/2013/04/fox-screens-dragons-2-trailer-at.html
- ↑ http://www.hypable.com/2013/04/22/how-to-train-your-dragon-2-photos-hiccup-astrid/