Jorgern Barnstat was a character mentioned in the Dragons: Riders of Berk episode, "When Lightning Strikes".
Visit to Berk
Stoick and Gobber recall Jorgern from the past, as the only other time they saw lightning strike the village.
- Stoick: "Jürgen Barnstat, drifter, sailed into town. He was stealing from widows and old men."
- Gobber: "To punish him, Thor gave him a lightning bolt right to his helmet when he was fixing the mast on his ship to make his escape."
- Stoick: "By the time Thor was finished with him, our whole fleet was on fire!"
- Gobber: "We shipped him off the island and Thor hasn't hit the village since."
||— "When Lightning Strikes"
Thinking Thor was mad at Berk for housing Toothless, Mildew and much of the village attempted to ship Hiccup's dragon off in the same way they had Jorgern.
- The words 'shipped him out to sea' are used.
- This means that either they sent his corpse adrift or that he had survived the accident and was exiled from Berk.
- This vagueness makes it impossible to know whether he is alive or dead.