- "That is a Prickleboggle, a brilliant Sharp Class dragon. He has a really unique ability to heal with his 'fireball'!"
The Prickleboggle is a Sharp Class dragon that first appeared in the DreamWorks franchise in School of Dragons. These dragons could range from small to large in size, and they were first discovered by Hiccup. It later became available in Dragons: Rise of Berk.
- "From the sidelines of the battlefield comes the Prickleboggle. There is more than meets the eye with this dragon; don’t be deceived by its lack of combative abilities, they are still an impressive addition to your stables. What they lack in a fight, they make up for in their calming and healing talents in some of the most chaotic of circumstances. These dragons have essential healing powers, powers that help them bond to some of the most ferocious of dragons, who are often very loyal to them after being healed.
To avoid attacks, Prickleboggles have defensive skin, which prevents them from being harmed while they tend to their fallen dragon friends. Not to say that they are impenetrable to fiery attacks, but they have evolved to thrive through quick attacks when aiding friends in battle.
While this dragon is known for being one of the more peaceful of creatures to fly across Berk, it is important to remember that it also has an essential function to heal and calm, making for the ultimate addition as you grow your fleet of winged companions."
- ―School of Dragons
- "Like its icy blast, this serene Dragon remains cool under pressure. So cool, in fact, that a saddle-bag is recommended when riding this Dragon around the islands.
Fighting's not in the Prickleboggle's nature, but protecting others is. Its thick skin keeps this Dragon on the front lines."
- ―Dragons: Rise of Berk
Prickleboggle eggs are typically oval in shape, much like most avian eggs. They are lime green in color with several brown spots studding the surface.
Hatchling to Adult
Prickleboggles are green dragons with dark brown specks all over their back, neck and wings. Their snouts look similar to a Shivertooth's. They have two pairs of twisted horns, a long fin that runs down their back, and a large tail-fin that resembles the fin on their back. This dragon looks like a How to Train Your Dragon 2 Species in terms of appearance. While these dragons are generally extremely small, no bigger than the size of a Fireworm, giant ones approximately larger than the size of a Nadder have been discovered. The large ones can intimidate other creatures with their size, horns and fins.
Titan Wing Prickleboggles are reddish orange with blue spots and blue frill on their back, and sport a white colored belly.
Prickleboggles are capable of firing sparkly, mist-like ice not unlike that of the Flightmare, in either streams or blasts. The ice can contain the Prickleboggle's healing properties or not, depending on the purpose of its blast; to heal or damage. The ice blast can be either purple or blue in color, depending on the individual. A Prickleboggle is capable of firing its ice farther than most dragons can fire their own fire type, and its blast has a lingering effect on the target area.
A Prickleboggle's ice contains impressive healing properties. Prickleboggles use these abilities to cure other dragons of their ailments and wounds, with the ice soothing the pain of the victim. In return, the dragons healed by Prickleboggles stay loyal to their healer, protecting the rather small and inoffensive dragon from harm. This forms a symbiosis between the two individuals. Prickleboggles are known to calm and relieve fellow dragons in the midst of battle.
Strength & Combat
Being small dragons, Prickleboggles do not possess a great deal of strength and instead rely on their strength in numbers, larger individuals and bonds with more powerful dragons to defend themselves.
Speed & Agility
It remains unknown as to what speed or agility Prickleboggles possess, although it can be assumed they are about as fast and agile as most dragons their size.
Endurance & Stamina
Prickleboggles, both small and large are incredibly enduring, with dense scales coating their already thick fire-proof skin. They utilize their extreme endurance to resist most attacks while they heal their wounded comrades.
Likewise, Prickleboggless possess significant stamina, lasting for long periods in time in battle, healing their injured brothers-in-arms
Behavior and Personality
Prickleboggles are compassionate creatures who are extremely protective. They are normally quite calm and sensitive dragons, though a giant one appeared to be distressed in School of Dragons when its friend and symbiotic partner, the Catastrophic Quaken, was taken by the Dragon Hunters. Injured dragons who have been healed by the Prickleboggle usually stay loyal to it and form a close bond. They appear to be able to form symbiotic relationships with other dragons, in which the companion dragon defends the Prickleboggle and then, in return, the Prickleboggle heals the injured companion.
Most Prickleboggles are tiny, being no larger than a Fireworm. They travel in packs, and are usually extremely skittish and shy.
This dragon was first introduced in School of Dragons, originally adapted from the book series' version. Though they were known to be extremely tiny, the producers made a larger subspecies, with a size more fitting for players to ride on.
Rise of Berk then introduced this dragon and its Titan Wing form and gave it ice-blasting abilities.
- The Prickleboggle is the first book dragon to appear in School Of Dragons.
- This dragon was originally going to be called "Nettlewing".
- The Prickleboggle bears a slight resemblance to the Thornridge.
- The Prickleboggle is one of the few dragons with a healing ability, the other being the Scauldron with its venom serving in the creation of an antidote for dragons affected by the Blue Oleander, the Buffalord's saliva along with specific plants and herbs forming the only known antidote for the Scourge of Odin, and the Tide Glider's saliva, which can heal almost any wound and illness.
|Prickleboggle (Franchise) uses Creative Commons Licensed content from the Dreamworks School of Dragons Wiki page Prickleboggle. The list of authors can be found on the page revision history (view authors).|
|Prickleboggle (Franchise) uses Creative Commons Licensed content from the Rise of Berk Wiki page Prickleboggle. The list of authors can be found on the page revision history (view authors).|