- "He was also attacked on the way by three Brainless Leg-Removers and two smallish Rocket-Rages, which he had to fight off all on his own."
- ―Snotlout having been left to his own devices on the Amber Slaveland sands
- "He was so scared he could hardly think. How could he be attacked from inside the castle? What could this be? His mind jostled with Rocket-Rages, with Piranha Hermit dragons, with something worse than all of these."
- ―Hiccup after being abducted within Prison Darkheart
Again, Rocket-Rages must be on the small side in order to infiltrate a heavily guarded castle. It also means they have the capability of being stealthy. The fact that Hiccup thinks these dragons could single him out from the others and carry him off (rather than eating him on the spot) also lends to the assumption that Rocket-Rages were intelligent enough to do so, and were aligned with the Dragon Rebellion.
- "How to Seize a Dragon's Jewel" (Book 10), Cressida Cowell. 2012