Ruffnut and Tuffnut Thorston are fraternal twins, teenaged members of the Hairy Hooligans tribe. They are constantly arguing with each other, often to the point of physical violence, though never seriously enough to separate them for too long.
Although never said throughout the show, Tuffnut seems to be slightly more dominant twin than his sister and has a more prominent role, especially in the TV Series. Together, he and his sister love to get into trouble, even if it means getting scolded by the chief of the village. Tuffnut likes the idea of Ruffnut being in danger (as he stated that when Ruffnut was on fire one time, he just watched for a while before he decided to help put her out). Tuffnut enjoys the chance to argue and wrestle with his sister, although it usually ends with Ruffnut overpowering him, either verbally or physically. He shares many similar traits with his sister. The only thing that seems to be apparent in difference, is he enjoys gross things as opposed to his sister (as seen in "Gift of the Night Fury"). Despite having a close sibling relationship, Tuffnut is frustrated when he has to share everything with his sister, but he is willing to make amends with Ruffnut to save his dragon. Although sharing rivalry with his sister, on occasion, he will help her if she is in trouble. He often thinks highly of his own skills, claiming that he was the world's deadliest weapon.
In the TV series, Tuffnut appears to show a thrill-seeking and masochistic personality, displaying an attraction to dangerous situations and seems to enjoy or looks forward too whatever bodily harm he recieves (usually by his sister).
In the first season of the TV Series Ruffnut has a slightly more passive role than her brother, although she has a more prominent role in the second season. She is tomboyish in nature, mostly because she is a viking, but she does tend to be slightly neater in terms of look and finds it offensive when Tuffnut negatively comments about her physique. Ruffnut is also seen to be extremely compassionate and selfless, as she was willing to cut her braids off in "Free Scauldy" so that it could serve as a subsititute for rope without hesitation to save her friend. Ruffnut also stubbornly stood her ground when the gang tried to persuade her to leave when the Changewings were approaching, refusing to let Scauldy die. In the same episode, it is revealed that when they were little, while Tuffnut was afraid of the dark, Ruffnut was afraid of Tuffnut, although she outgrew this trait. While Tuffnut was talking with Barf about Ruffnut, he concludes out that she has a lot of rage and frustration because she feels trapped since she is "a woman in a man's world", as stated in "Zippleback Down".
In the TV series, despite having tamed Barf (and technically Belch), she seemed to have a slight fear of wild dragons that could potentially kill her and would often panic in situations in which she encounters a wild dragon. In Free Scauldy, it is also shown that she might be afraid of dying, even to the point of naming the Scauldron "Please-Don't-Kill-Me" until realizing he was friendly. Also in the episode, she has a slight motherly side and is quick to comfort Scauldy like how often a mother treats her kids. Ruffnut loves punching and wrestling with Tuffnut, often proving herself stronger than him. Despite their quarreling, on occasion she is shown to pull herself and Tuffnut out of danger. Ruffnut dislikes having to share everything with her brother and had a brief fallout in "Twinsanity", but she reconciled when she realized Barf and Belch was in danger. She also appears to be slightly more intelligent and serious than Tuffnut, explictily shown in the episode Free Scauldy. In the movie, Ruffnut had a short-lived crush on Hiccup, but she seems to have dropped it because there is little evidence of Ruffnut having a crush on Hiccup during the TV series; however, in a recent release of a How to Train Your Dragon 2 Poster for the twins, it states that Ruffnut has now had a crush on the antagonist: Eret.
In both the TV Show and the first movie, Tuffnut wears a dark brown long furry animal vest with a very light pale green shirt that goes all the way past his hip. Around his waist, there is a brown sash-like belt that is tied around. He also wears light greyish-blue pants and dark brown furry boots. On his arms, he wears a long brown arm cloth arm band that starts at his elbows and ends at his wrists. His helmet is studded with four horns: the top two are bull-like, and the bottom two resemble Ox Horns. Without his helmet, his long blond hair, that ends with a brownish tint, is unevenly divided in the middle. His teeth are somewhat uneven. His necklace's pendent is a large claw or tooth that may have come from a dragon. He is relatively skinny and tan skin with dark-blue eyes. His vest is slightly lighter in the TV Series.
In the second film, it is confirmed that Tuffnut will have an older appearance as well as new clothes. As seen in a How to Train Your Dragon 2 book cover and the second How to Train Your Dragon 2 Trailer, it is revealed that he has adopted a dreadlocks hairstyle.
In both the TV Show and the first movie, Ruffnut wears a light brown, animal skin-like vest and a dark blue shirt that goes a little over her hip and ends in tatters. She wears a greyish brown short skirt that also ends in tatters. Around her waist, she wears a metal-leather belt with an unidentified metal crest in the middle of it. Ruffnut wears dark brown pants and dark blue furry boots. On her arms, she wears a long dark-greyish cloth brace that starts at her elbows and stops at the wrist. A bit of the cloth also goes through between her first and second finger. Ruffnut's helmet is studded with four horns, just like her brother's, albeit being longer and slender: the top two are thinner bull-like horns while the two bottom horns are longer and curved. Without her helmet, her hair is evenly divided in the slightly to the side and short bangs across the left side of her face. She has two small braids near the top of her hair and longer braids that reach to her waist. There is also an additional braid on her back. Around her neck she wears a necklace with the pendant of a tooth or claw that may have came from a dragon. She is skinny for her age and has tan skin, just like her brother, along with a pair of pale-blue eyes.
In the second season of Defenders of Berk (Free Scauldy), Ruffnut cuts her hair short so that her hair could serve as a substitute for the missing ropes to make Scauldy's splint. She had a short, rough boyish hair, in which Tuffnut says makes her look like a boy; however, in a tweet, the director of the show confirmed that this was only a temporary hairstyle. By the next next episode (Frozen), Ruffnut has long hair again.
In the second film, it is confirmed that Ruffnut will have an older appearance, along with a new set of clothes. Part of her design was revealed in a How to Train Your Dragon 2 book cover as well as in the second How to Train Your Dragon 2 Trailer, although her full design is yet to be revealed.
Skills & Abilities
The twins are almost equal in terms of strength and speed. They are both skilled in fighting, usually sparring violently with each other when they are arguing. In the TV Series, Ruffnut is shown to be slightly better at fighting than her brother, often overpowering him in sparring matches and duels, as well as winning verbal arguments. Tuffnut even states that her slaps "are like a guy's", even to the point of tears. On the other hand, Tuffnut is strong enough to carry his sister for a sum of time without getting too tired. They share the same preference for the same weapon, which is a double-ended spear. It has been shown in the TV Series that the twins are the only ones who are not affected by Barf's gas, which can cause disorientation and a sick feeling, possibly because they are either immune or have gotten used to it.
Ruffnut and Tuffnut are shown not to be too bright. They are unable to sit still and pay attention without fighting and/or getting into trouble, causing most of the other Viking Teens to doubt their abilities. Often, the others of the group have to explain to them when they're about to execute a plan. Despite their inability to pay attention, they always know how to make people or dragons angry, often proving helpful for them to act as a distraction or bait. Recently in the TV Series, the twins have been shown to often have outbursts of intelligence and a smarter outlook on life, particularly Ruffnut, revealing that the twins are much more intelligent than they initially seem.
They also have a strange ability (purposely or not) to get in trouble no matter where they are, even in an empty room. Tuffnut, as seen as "View To a Skrill Part II", seems to have some ability in humor and acting, as he was able to convince Dagur that he was a Berserker and more so, for Dagur to like him even more; however in The Night and the Fury, Ruffnut could easily see through Tuffnut's lies and is able to pry him open of the truth without much effort. Tuffnut is also able to speak "post-lightning Snotlout" (which is gibberish that Snotlout may speak after being struck by lightning), and is the only known Viking to speak it.
They are moderately skilled in training dragons, as shown in several episodes. They both trained Terrible Terrors together in the same skill and taught them how to attack. Tuffnut, in particular, showed impressive skill in training a Typhoomerang (Torch), despite being caught in a trap at the time as well as able to teach him basic hand signals and simple obedience. Ruffnut was also able to train Scauldy and quickly develop a strong sense of loyalty and trust to each other in a short amount of time. Despite their dragon training skills, they often have trouble riding Barf & Belch because one can't ride without another and the fact that they argue over on what to do and how they would do it.
As twins, they have a strong invisible connection towards each other. They have the ability to understand each others thoughts and ideas without speaking, as shown several times to finish each others sentences or to have the same idea at the same time. They also have the ability to stay together as they are rarely too far apart for a long time. Wherever one twin goes, the other twin is never far behind, even if they intentionally try to stay away from each other. Ruffnut and Tuffnut also work incredibly well together (when they want to) and can synchronize themselves to do the same actions at the same time. It's also possible that they are able to sense where the other is and what happened to them, as other twins are able to do.
How to Train Your Dragon (Movie)
Joining the same Dragon Training class as Hiccup, at first both twins delight in taunting Hiccup over his poor performance although neither of them have much success either due to the fact that they couldn't get along in battle. Later, however, when Hiccup displays an amazing talent for subduing the dragons, they both become his avid fans (often pushing and shoving each other to be the first to talk to him). Ruffnut, in particular, seems to develop a crush on him and flirts with him (before Astrid pulls her away). They decide to help Hiccup fight the Red Death and bond with the Zippleback that had been trapped in the training arena before.
To confront the Red Death, the twins mount a Hideous Zippleback, which fits their fractious relationship, the two naming the dragon Barf and Belch. Each head seems to agree with one of the twins in particular- Ruffnut taking Barf and Tuffnut Belch, and they ride it to great effect in the final battle and afterwards. Notably, they were the only ones not forced from their dragon in the final battle.
Riders of Berk
Both Ruffnut and Tuffnut are dragon trainers of the Dragon Training Academy, having both joined to help Hiccup train Dragons.
They experienced a brief falling-out in episode 15: "Twinsanity", when their conflict reaches the point where they attempt to issue separate orders to each head, Tuffnut in particular noting that he was tired of the two of them always sharing the same things, but eventually reconciled when Barf and Belch were in trouble, accepting that they would always share their dragon even if they could find other individual interests.
Defenders of Berk
They have a more prominent role in the episode, "Zippleback Down", when the team attempts to disable traps that were left over from the time that they killed dragons. Tuffnut attempts to dislodge a netter trap, but ends up being caught in it. Tuffnut calls out to his sister to undo it and she decides to go to Berk and find Hiccup. When she attempts to fly Barf and Belch, they quickly crash land since you need two riders to ride a Zippleback. She decides to go on foot and tells the Zippleback to watch her brother while she was gone. While Ruffnut attempts to go find Hiccup, Tuffnut encounters a Typhoomerang, later revealed to be Torch. Barf and Belch attempt to protect him, but they get trapped as well. After bonding with Torch, he teaches him some basic hand-signals and officially training him. Hiccup then goes to find them, only to be thrown down when Toothless' prosthetic tail was burnt off. When a forest fire appears, Hiccup almost decides that it's too late, but Tuffnut and Ruffnut figure out a way to keep the fire away from Berk by "fighting fire with fire". They returned to Berk, riding on Torch, where he leaves after saying good-bye to Tuffnut. Despite their amazing feat, the twins are to have learned a lesson by releasing themselves from the trap without help. Despite their combined efforts, both of them end up being trapped again.
The twins again have a prominent role in "To View a Skrill Part I" and "Part II". The twins and Snotlout were the prime cause in the unencasement of the Skrill and they help Hiccup and the gang to tame it. After splitting up into two groups, the twins attempt to drive out the Skrill by causing a big explosion by Barf's gas and Belch's spark, but the plan fails. After saving Hiccup from the Skrill, they are chased by the Skrill and Hiccup and Toothless narrowly make it to block the blast of lightning with a plasma blast. The explosion was so great, it knocks the twins out of the sky and away from the group. They land on an outcrop of land and spot Alvin capturing the Skrill. They decide to follow the ship. Meanwhile, their disappearance causes the other viking teens to search for them, leaving all dragons but Toothless too exhausted to fly. Hiccup goes to find them and meets up with them on Outcast Island, where they were spying on the Outcasts. Tuffnut goes undercover to find out about the Berserkers and the Outcast's apparent truce. He then helps Hiccup to find the Skrill, but it was too late as Dagur managed to get to it first. After Hiccup duels with Dagur as well as the Skrill (after it's been freed), the twins help seal the hole and encase the Skrill in ice once again. After the chaos had ended, the twins and Hiccup return home to Berk.
Ruffnut has a main role in the 13th episode of Defenders of Berk, (Free Scauldy). The riders find an injured Scauldron on the beach of Changewing island and the smell of her hair calms it down. She says she puts fish oil in it which reminded the Scauldron of his home. After trying to train him, they quickly bond, naming him Scauldyand singing a lullaby that her mother sang to her when she was little. Changewings start heading their way to attack and the gang make haste to get Scauldy free. They manage to get the rocks of his wing, but it is broken, but Fishlegs proposes that they make a splint. After gathering the materials, one of the vines they used to act as rope snaps and they are unable to finish the splint. Getting an idea, she takes out her knife from her vest. Later it is revealed that had cut off her braids to use to subtitute as extra rope to finish the splint and enable Scauldy to fly and more importantly, to swim. Ruffnut then is sad to see Scauldy go and tells him to come and visit. Tuffnut then comments about her looking like a boy now, in which they argue. Scauldy then makes his way to freedom.
How to Train Your Dragon 2
Ruffnut and Tuffnut briefly appears in the second trailer, along with Barf and Belch. Although with no speaking lines, Snotlout flirts with Ruffnut, where she grunts in annoyance.
With Each Other
Ruffnut and Tuffnut have a strong love/hate sibling relationship. Although most of the time quarreling and fighting over trivial things in life, they show an inseperable bond with each other and rarely spend too much time apart. They both enjoy the feeling of pain, especially if the pain is inflicted on the other twin. Tuffnut in particular has even stated that he had merely watched Ruffnut when she was caught on fire once before deciding to help her.
On ocassion, either Ruffnut or Tuffnut are willing to help each other. In Zippleback Down, Ruffnut showed concern for her brother after realzing there was a forest fire approaching towards his location as well as when she saw a wild Typhoomerang (Torch) right next to her brother. She also was willing to stay up late to help Tuffnut out of the trap he got caught in (though it ended in failure). In the movie, Ruffnut is seen dragging her brother out of the Deadly Nadder's (Stormfly) blast of fire, in spite of their arguement. Tuffnut showed concern for his sister, asking her to leave Scauldy behind when the Changewings were approaching and was happily riding Belch afterwards, watching his sister who was safe, despite the sacrifice she made for Scauldy to make. After she says good-bye to Scauldy she starts to feel glum, but Tuffnut quickly teases her about her looking like a boy, in which Tuffnut suceeds in making Ruffnut smile again.
Being their dragon, the twins had to share riding it. The twins care tremendously about their dragon, although not as much as Hiccup. One head is loyal to each twin (Barf and Ruffnut, Belch and Tuffnut) and on occasion, the heads will fight each other when the twins fight each other. Usually the heads will work in unity if they feel that their riders are in danger and feel that their rider's constant quarreling is annoying. Both dragon and rider are willing to risk their necks to save each other. Tuffnut even states that Barf & Belch is his "totally awesome dragon" that he shares with his "totally unawesome sister". Several times during the TV Series, Barf & Belch are seen to be extremely protective of their riders when they are in danger, as shown as they are willing to fight a Typhoonmerang to defend Tuffnut in Zippleback Down as well as leaving the cave in The Night and the Fury to search for Ruffnut.
Not a lot of screen time is shown between the Twins and Hiccup. Most of the time, they follow Hiccup's commands, although not always done in the right way. On occasion, they disobey him or misinterpret his orders. Despite Hiccup doubting their abilities most of the time, he acknowledges their abilities to work together if they want to. He gains respect for the twins when they figure out the idea to "fight fire with fire" in "Zippleback Down" and Tuffnut's ability to train Torch. Although finding them annoying from time-to-time, Hiccup is shown to care for them as he and the other Viking Teens attempt to find them after their disappearance in "View To A Skrill Part II" and was relieved to find out that Ruffnut and Tuffnut were both okay. He also acknowledges their decision to follow Alvin's ship to spy on him.
Although they rarely interact in the show or movie, they remain neutral to each other and will work together when it comes to it. Most times, Astrid will get angry if they do something wrong, especially if it's because they're not paying attention or just being silly. Like Hiccup, she doubts their abilities as Dragon Trainers due to their inability to pay attention, although it is assumed that she gained respect towards the twins when they put out the fire and trained Torch. On occasion, she will punch Tuffnut if he angers her, although Astrid is never shown on-screen to hit Ruffnut. It is assumed that Ruffnut and Astrid are on mutual friendly terms as they are the only girls in the group. Astrid was one of the Vikings who attempted to find the twins after they were blasted out of the sky in "View to a Skrill Part II". It is presumed that off-screen, she had attempted to find them although Stormfly soon grew exhausted, showing that she does indeed care for the twins.
Snotlout and the twins share a close relationship. Often times, the twins will follow Snotlout and act as one of his supporters when he bullies Hiccup and possibly Fishlegs as well in the first film. In the game, they listen to Snotlout's plan to cheat in the competition against Hiccup/Astrid. Snotlout often thinks the twins are incredibly dumb and in return, they sometimes disclude Snotlout from their ideas, as seen in "Fright of Passage". Although sometimes siding with Snotlout, they occasionally bully him back. In View to a Skrill, it is presumed that Snotlout had attempted to find the twins (as stated by Hiccup) after they disappeared after being blasted out of the sky, which shows his apparent caring personality towards them.
In the second How to Train Your Dragon 2 Trailer, Snotlout is shown to be flirting with Ruffnut, although she merely just grunts in annoyance.
Fishlegs and the twins rarely show any screen time together. Sometimes, the twins are seen to bully Fishlegs because of his size, although Fishlegs bests the twins in terms of knowledge. The twins, particularly Tuffnut, find it annoying that Fishlegs knows a lot of things. In View to a Skrill Part II, Fishlegs attempted to find the twins after they were blasted out of the sky, along with Meatlug, but ends up over-exhausting his dragons. Even so, he offered to join Hiccup on his search again and shows worry when Hiccup tells him that there was no sign of them. Although being slightly annoyed at them at the start of the episode, Fishlegs commpliments Ruffnut in Free Scauldyfor her great work with the Scauldren.
Stoick is well aware that the twins are capable of causing dangerous accidents and pranks, as well as notorious for causing mischief. Ruffnut and Tuffnut show a level of respect for Stoick, possibly because he was Hiccup's dad, but also like to make fun of him when he's not around. He is the one who possibly created the saying "When there's a fire, there's the twins".
- Tuffnut is a character from the book How to Train Your Dragon, but Ruffnut is an original character created for the film, seemingly to provide contrast to both Tuffnut and Astrid, the only other female in Dragon Training.
- Ruffnut is the only viking teen not to have been on Toothless. (Hiccup in the original film, Astrid in the original film, Snotlout in Defiant One, Tuffnut in Twinsanity and Fishlegs in The Iron Gronckle)
- The Twin's names may indicate the phrase "Rough and Tough."
- In the video game, it is said that Tuffnut is the older twin by five minutes, but Ruffnut is slightly taller.
- They appear to be based off of Jackal and Hyena from Gargoyles
- In the film, Tuffnut and Ruffnut were voiced by T.J. Miller and Kristen Wiig, respectively. In the TV series, Ruffnut is voiced by Julie Marcus, while Tuffnut has the same voice actor. Ruffnut changes voice actor again in Defenders of Berk (Andree Vermeulen).
- In the books Tuffnut has the same name as his father (Tuffnut Senior), so his name in the Book Series is Tuffnut Junior
- Tuffnut's vest is a different shade of gray in the series.
- Ruffnut has the smallest role of all the teens. This is possibly because her Voice Actor does not sound much like Kristen Wiig, Ruffnut's original voice actor, although in Defenders of Berk, she and her brother share a more equal role.
- Tuffnut is the only character from the movie who did not appear in any of the Racing for the Gold clips.
- Ruffnut and Tuffnut are one of the only Vikings on Berk who has a known sibling in this case, each other. The other only known Viking siblings are Gustav and Hildegard. Dagur also said he had a sister.
- In Zippleback Down, Ruffnut and Tuffnut both mentioned that they have a large amount of back hair and that they love it dearly, although Tuffnut said that his back hair had went up in flames while flying over the forest fire
- Ruffnut and Tuffnut are one of the only vikings on Berk to have more than two horns on their helmets (The twins have four horns). The only other person to have more than two horns on their helmet is Mildew with six horns (but he joins the Outcasts later on).
- Although it is stated that Ruffnut and Tuffnut are fraternal twins, it's possible that they are semi-identical twins because of their uncanny resemblance towards each other.
- Tuffnut is the only known Viking that speaks "Post-Lightning Snotlout" (which is a gibberish language developed by Snotlout after he has been struck by Lightning)
- In View to a Skrill Part II, Tuffnut, under the alias "Buffnut the Beserker", hasn't told Dagur that he was in league with Hiccup and lived on Berk so it's possibly that Dagur still believes that Tuffnut is a Beserker.
- Tuffnut is the only other Viking Teen other than Hiccup to encounter Dagur face-to-face alone
- Also in the episode, Ruffnut states that Outcast food gives her gas, although she has never been shown on-screen to be eating it, so it's quite possible that she was lying so she wouldn't have to go spy on the Beserkers.
- In Free Scauldy, Ruffnut cut her hair to serve as ropes to finish Scauldy's splints, although her hair was its original length by the next episode (Frozen). Since hair takes at least five years to grow from just above chin-length all the way down to waist-length, it is possible that Ruffnut made hair extensions for herself.
- Ruffnut and Tuffut has trained a dragon and later released into to the wild. It is also possible that the dragons they trained (Torch by Tuffnut and Scauldy by Ruffnut) are counterparts to each other.
- Scauldy was trained by Ruffnut, Torch was trained by Tuffnut.
- Scauldy is a Tidal Class dragon (dwells within the water and sprays water), while Torch is a Stoker Class dragon (dwells on land and manipulates fire and air to attack).
- Scauldy was hostile and a danger to the Viking teens, while Torch was civil and friendly from the beginning.
- Torch was the one who (partially) saved Tuffnut and Ruffnut was the one who saved Scauldy
- The twins seem to show a level of intelligence when they caught the eel pox in The Eel Effect, doing experiments on air resistance, inventing ice cream, and speaking with advanced vocabulary
How To Train Your Dragon
- Tuffnut: "I hope I get some serious burns!"
- Ruffnut: "I'm hoping for some mauling, like, on my shoulder or lower back."
- Tuffnut: "Take that one, it has a flower on it. Girls like flowers. "
- Ruffnut: *hits Tuffnut with the shield* "Oops. Now this one has blood on it."
- Tuffnut: "Wait, you mean, read?"
- Ruffnut: "While we're still alive?"
- Tuffnut: "It's not a tattoo, it's a birth mark!"
- Ruffnut: "Okay, I've been stuck with you since birth, and that was never there before."
- Tuffnut: "Yes it was! You've just never seen me from the left side until now."
- Tuffnut: "Your butts are getting bigger. We thought you were a dragon."
- Tuffnut: "Oh! I am hurt! I am very much hurt!"
- Tuffnut: "Ha. It's like the size of my-- Ah, get it off!"
- Tuffnut: "You were wise to seek help from the world's most deadly weapon. It's me."
- Ruffnut: "You're crazy. I like that..."
- Tuffnut: "Look at us, we're on a dragon! We're on dragons, all of us!"
Gift Of The Night Fury
- Tuffnut: "What's that smell? *shoves Ruffnut* Is that you?"
- Tuffnut: "Ew, if I drink that, I'm gonna yak nog all over the place."
- Ruffnut: "Yeah, your boy dragon, is a girl dragon!"
How to Train Your Dragon (Video Game)
- Ruffnut: "I can dance, but don't tell anybody!"
- Ruffnut: "Girls Rule!"
- Tuffnut: "I wanna be a pirate! --- Or a fish cleaner. I'm still on the fence."
- (Later) "Stupid pirates! I'm definitely gonna be a fish cleaner!"
- Tuffnut: "My dragon is rough!"
- Ruffnut: "My dragon is tough!"
Dragons: Riders Of Berk
- Tuffnut: "This is awesome and scary!"
- Ruffnut: "We almost died!"
- Tuffnut: "I know...Go again?"
- Tuffnut: "Got it! Help dragons blow things up. We can totally do that."
- Ruffnut: "I volunteer Tuffnut!"
- Ruffnut: "I'm too pretty for jail!"
- Tuffnut: "Hah, where'd you hear that?"
- Ruffnut: "Yes! We're up to thirty!"
- Tuffnut: "Be quiet. Maybe they don't see us."
- Tuffnut: "Harder! I said I want to see stars."
- Tuffnut: "Okay. Think, think, think, think, think. Think, think... I forgot what I was thinking about."
- Tuffnut: "Serpents? I hate serpents. Those are reptiles, right?"
- Tuffnut: "I know I'm sweating like a dragon in an eel party."
- Tuffnut: "Yeah, but how hot can the sun really be?" *puts Fireworm dragon on his hand* "Ow!! Owowowow!"
- Tuffnut: "Hey guys! Need a haaaaaaand?"
- Tuffnut: "I....I don't know. Don't rush me. Just, uh...uh. I'll tell you tomorrow!"
- Tuffnut: "I get the rings and the fire parts...but where's the death? I feel cheated."
- Tuffnut: "Ooh! Rock to the face! Heh, I love a good rock to the face."
- Tuffnut: "Night patrol! I love it! What is it?"
- Tuffnut: "Oh, Astrid's jealous of the pretty one, right?"
- Tuffnut: "Signal! Ugh, darn- I mean, FIRE!"
- Tuffnut: "Somebody hold it still. I wanna pet it!"
- Tuffnut: "Usually we hide... until the chief finds us. Then we get in trouble."
- Tuffnut: "Whatever it was... I want one!"
- Tuffnut: "Ya we got them from Trader Johann. We had to give him our great-grandfather's skull. We got to keep his clavicle."
- Tuffnut: "Yeah, I gave up thinking. Never been happier."
- Tuffnut: "Your dragon? Pa-lease. You've been breathing in Barf's gas again."
- Ruffnut: "Yeah, it's so over it's under!"
- Tuffnut: "You're right. She's sorry."
- Ruffnut: "Let's sacrifice Tuffnut."
- Tuffnut: "Okay, what time should I be there? There'd better be fire involved..."
- Ruffnut: "Whoahwhoawhoa!"
- Tuffnut: "Nobody blows stuff up like Thor. "
- Ruffnut: "Permission to shoot first and ask questions later?"
- Ruffnut: "Don't you have anything better to do than stand here?"
- Ruffnut: "Are you sure you like, want to do this?"
- Tuffnut: "Of course!"
- Ruffnut: "Okay. Thank you, Thor!"
- Tuffnut: "I don't even want to know what part of his body that came from! Or do I?"
- Ruffnut: "And if I were weak and girly, I'd be my brother."
- Tuffnut: "Yeah, we taught 'em that! We didn't teach them that, did we? Nah, I didn't think so."
Dragons: Defenders of Berk
- Tuffnut: Hey! Don't we know that boar!
- Ruffnut: Yeah, it's Björn boar!
- Tuffnut: (To Changewings) You leave Björn alone!! (Changewings notice him) You're on your own Björn!
- Tuffnut: Screaming Death, I love it! (Three Whispering Deaths fly right past him) Ok, maybe "love" is too strong a word.
- Ruffnut: I heard that if you sit on a Terrible Terror, flames could come out of your--.
- Tuffnut: Oh, I thought we were playing the "I heard" game. And, by the way, Terrible Terror thing totally true. I tried.
- Tuffnut: You're either in or you're out, pal.
- Ruffnut: Did we say one rainbow colored chicken, we meant two rainbow colored chickens, sorry!
- Tuffnut: Hold on! Nobody move! I don't see it?...
- Ruffnut: Me neither?...
- Ruffnut and Tuffnut: A Sturgeon dressed as Stoick!!
- Ruffnut and Tuffnut: Singing Terrible Terror!.
- Tuffnut: Hey, I want a glowing dragon.
- Ruffnut: Yeah me too.
- Tuffnut: Put it on Snotlout's list!
- Ruffnut: You know, they say competition is the very essence of life itself.
- Tuffnut: If you two girls are done doing each others hair, there's an Outcast ship you might want to attack!
- Tuffnut: Don't look at us; if we had green paint, you know where it would be.
- Tuffnut: Actually, we can get into trouble pretty much anywhere. Remember that empty room?
- Ruffnut: It be easier to get around these woods if there weren't so many trees!
- Ruffnut: Oh man! Your new dragon just ate Hiccup!
- Tuffnut: Bad Typhoomerang! Now you barf out Hiccup right now!
- Ruffnut: Fight fire with fire! We should make that our catch phrase!
- Tuffnut: Yeah! Or a yak's got a do what a yak's got a do!
- Tuffnut: Do your thing Torch!
- Tuffnut: Oh great. We do all the work and the Berserkers get the Skrill anyway.
- Ruffnut: And that's why we don't work. It accomplishes nothing.
- Tuffnut: Wait a minute, that's not the Berserkers! That's Alvin the Treacherous!
- Ruffnut: Why would Alvin want a Skrill?
- Tuffnut: Why wouldn't he? I mean, he can take out Berk with it.
- Ruffnut: Oh Yea! So...we should do something right?
- Tuffnut: Nngh...Yes! Yes we should. Okay, I say we follow them.
- Ruffnut: Okay!...Then what?
- Tuffnut: Woahwoahwoahwoah! Let's not get ahead of ourselves, alright?
- Ruffnut: Yea, good point.
- Ruffnut: Wait! How do I do that?
- Tuffnut: Do your stupid Hiccup impression.
- Ruffnut: Oh yea! Good idea. *changes pitch in voice to match Hiccup's* Hello, nice dragon. I can be your friend. My leg fell off. All of the dragons are my friends.
- Tuffnut: Try those songs mom used to sing to us when you were little and afraid of the dark.
- Ruffnut: You were afraid of the dark, not me! I was afraid of you!
- Tuffnut: Just sing!
- Ruffnut: (Sings) Hush little viking, don't you cry...Or the beserkers will come and stab you in the eye...Don't let the enemy see you afraid, or he'll cut you with a rusty blade...
- Ruffnut: Uhgnn...wait! Guys! *pulls out a knife* I've got an idea!
- Tuffnut: You know what would've been more awesome?
- Ruffnut: Yea, if it would of eaten me?
- Tuffnut: I love it when you read my mind, Sis. *the twins bump helmets*
- Ruffnut: (to Scauldy, petting his head) I'm going to miss you, Scauldy, but look, anytime you visit, I'll just kick out Tuffnut to make room. No problem okay? (Scauldy dives underwater) Bye...
- Tuffnut: Has anyone told you that you look like a boy?
- Ruffnut: Has anyone told you?