- "Okay, okay, what do we know? Big dragon. Wait, we gotta call these things something. All right. All right, so what do they do? They follow, they herd, they shadow. That's it, yes. Shadow Wings."
- "This large, sturdy Dragon acts as a protector for its smaller cousins. Watch out for bombardment when they form a pack under its wings!
Its booming roar not only disorients victims, but also serves as a call to its kin. Small Shadows flock under its great wings, firing explosive lava in unison."
- ―Dragons: Rise of Berk
In Rise of Berk, a Shadow Wing's egg is similar to that of a Small Shadow. However, it is green in color and has five spikes on it instead of two.
Hatchling to Adult
The Shadow Wing is a large green dragon with wide jaws, body, and wings akin to that of a bomber plane. Its legs are also quite stocky, and it has spaced out triangular spines that run along its back. The Shadow Wing's head also slightly resemble a whale's and a snapping turtle's as well.
Not much changes when a Shadow Wing reaches the Titan Wing stage. Instead of light green, it is dark green with red spots all over the body. Additional tail fins grow on its tail, several spikes grow on its head and the wings develop a small claw. It is also larger in size.
- "Okay, the big one isn't as fast as we are or as maneuverable."
The Shadow Wing is intelligent enough to give the Small Shadows protection and cooperate with them to take down any potential threat.
The Shadow Wing's most iconic feature is its tendency to gather Small Shadows to attach to its wings, firing blasts in rapid succession while the Shadow Wing acts as a giant carrier. In this formation, the Shadow Wing gains massive frontal prowess, and can annihilate almost anything that got caught in the hail of molten explosives.
RoaringThe Shadow Wing can produce a powerful roar that can disorientate its enemies and affect its surroundings. The roar is also a signal for Small Shadows to attach to the larger dragon's wings to create their iconic bomber formation.
The Shadow Wing can carry the weight of ten Small Shadows on its wings easily with no signs of struggle. Its strong enough to tail whip Toothless enough to make the tail fin to be unable to fly for short time.
Speed and Agility
Unlike its younger kind, they aren't as fast or agile to keep up with faster dragons like Toothless the Night Fury.
Behavior and Personality
The Shadow Wing is a powerful and fearsome dragon that forms a symbiotic relationship with Small Shadows. It usually relies on Small Shadows to do its work, but it will take matter to its own claws.
The dragon also appeared in this game along with its Titan form. However, its name is Alpha Shadow.
- It is possible that the reason why Shadow Wings need Small Shadows is because they are not really great hunters and require the help of the smaller, faster dragons in order to survive.
- In Rise of Berk, it is referred to as Alpha Shadow.
|Shadow Wing uses Creative Commons Licensed content from the Rise of Berk Wiki page Alpha Shadow. The list of authors can be found on the page revision history (view authors).|