Shock and Awe is the tenth episode of Season Two of Dragons: Race to the Edge. It was released on Netflix on January 8, 2016.
He comes back to the base to tell the others, but everyone thinks it's just a prank. To prove it, Fishlegs drops a bait into the water, but falls asleep. When he touches the surface, the creature shocks him, causing him to fall into the water. When he gets back into the air, he seales the lagoon entrance.
When everybody else arrives, the creature jumps out of the water and shocks Snotlout and Hookfang, causing the gang to realize that it is not a creature, but a Seashocker. Seeing how stressed he is, Hiccup tells everyone to destroy the barricade. Seashocker jumps out of the water, and Stormfly, feeling attacked, hits the Seashocker with one of her spines. While the gang was removing the barricade, Fishlegs helped the Seashocker to get back to the water.
When everything looked great, a couple of Scauldrons came to a feeding frenzy. They followed the Seashocker around, and surrounded him, causing him to swim into the hole in the ocean floor. It looked like he drowned, but he jumped out of the water in the last minute, finally reunited with his pod.
The day ended with a few more pranks, but this time on the twins' spense. The finale was that their hut was moved to a seastack near Dragons Edge.
The transcript for this episode is here.
- The Seashocker makes its first chronological appearance in this episode.
- At the beginning of the episode, Fishlegs mentions all the interesting things that washed up during a recent storm. Though not referenced directly, it's believed the Seashocker was separated from its pod and trapped in the lagoon by that same storm.
- Loki Day is an obvious reference to April Fool's Day, a traditional day of pranking.
- This is the first time different-colored Scauldrons are seen.
- Tuffnut's line, " Creature in the edge lagoon. Just when you thought it was safe to take a bath in a lagoon," is a reference to the horror films Creature from the Black Lagoon and Jaws 2.
- In a part where Astrid and Stormfly move Ruffnut and Tuffnut's hut to a seastack, Astrid's skirt is missing.
- The scene where the Seashocker jumps over Fishlegs is similar to the one from Free Willy.