Silent Sven, also known as Sven, is an apparently mute Viking shepherd on Berk. Until, of course, he "broke his silence".
Sven wears a light brown sleeveless leather tunic and has thick bushy grey eyebrows. He is bald and has a neat blonde moustache that is braided at the tip. He is sometimes seen with a spear-like weapon.
Dragons: Defenders of Berk
Silent Sven's chest hairs were burned during a Screaming Death practice drill.
Sven then broke his silence to complain to Stoick the Vast about something in Berk.
Dragons: Race to the Edge
Sven then became frustrated by Stoick's complaining about the arrangements of the armory's weapons. However, Sven was threatened by Stoick when he did not arrange the weapons the way Stoick wanted it. Sven then left to tend to his sheep.
Sven then complained to Stoick on Berk's Gripe Day about his small sheep.
Sven then joined the Dragon Riders' Auxilary, taking a Monstrous Nightmare, named Sven's Nightmare, as his dragon in order to defend Berk. He then assisted Astrid, Stoick and the other riders in defending Dragon's Edge from Dagur and his Berserkers.
He then defended Berk against the Frozen Skrill when it returned.
After he broke his silence, Sven's new voice scared the sheep out of the pen.
While Sven does not appear in the game, his farm is a part of the Call of the Death Song expansion pack. The Death Song makes its nest there.
Not much is known about this Viking, but he seems serious and grumpy and dislikes it when people mess with his sheep and think he's deaf. And he also seems to have no tolerance for disobedience from his sheep and cared deeply for his prized black sheep. He seems to think of his sheep as his children, as he was complaining to Stoick about them ruining his house and not listening to him.
- "You ungrateful sack of fur! Come back!"
- "There's only one black sheep, Stoick."
Dragons: Race to the Edge
- "I'm with Spitelout. If that Dragon Eye leads to unknown places and new wild dragons, then no good will come from any of that."
- "Hiccup! Thank Thor you're here! You've got to help us! Your father has become unbearable!"
- "Did you know he gave each weapon its own nickname?"
- "I mean seriously! Who names their mace Daisy?!"
- "I hear me sheep calling."
- Despite appearing in Viking for Hire, he was left unnamed until A View to a Skrill, Part 1.
- His nickname might be a reference to the fact he is usually just a background character with no lines.
- He shares the same name as another resident of Berk, who is voiced by Brook Chamlers.
- In the first two seasons and Dawn of the Dragon Racers, Sven's tunic has stitching. In Race to the Edge, it doesn't.
- According to Ruffnut Thorston, his wife has a fish gutting station.