- "Active and fastidious (for the Boulder Class), it has a soft spot for its favorite snack: geodes! Unfortunately, this makes it an easy target for trappers.
The Snafflefang is built tough enough to wade into battle and swing its spiked tail while blasting opponents with exploding fireballs."
The Snafflefang was created using a modular system to mix and match preset body parts onto different dragons. It was created from the same base that was used for the Thunderclaw, Snifflehunch, Shovelhelm, Windgnasher, and two other unknown dragons.
Snafflefang eggs are covered with green and orange blotches all over the egg's surface. In Dragons: Rise of Berk, the egg has several purple spines that are probably used to fend off attackers.
Hatchling to Adult
The Snafflefang has a rounded body and a big head. It's first pair of legs are very small, but the second pair of legs are big. It has horns on its snout and on its forehead, a row of spines running along its back, and a spiked tail bludgeon. Its skin color pattern mimics to that of a Holstein cow or a pinto horse.
Titan winged Snafflefangs are yellow in color with a orange and pink outline on their broader wings. The spikes on their back is also pink and the Snafflefang titans have developed a new pair of smaller horns below their original pair of horns. Their tail bludgeon's spikes are pointed to a single direction now and appears neater and more organized.
Its tail bludgeon is covered with large spikes and is sure to deliver a heavy blow. It is made for smashing during attacks and as a defense. Many Boulder Class dragons, such as the Gronckle and Hotburple have one too, however, the Snafflefang's tail spikes are sharper and longer.
To help it eat geodes, the Snafflefang possess many sharp, diamond-shape teeth. It gives them the ability to crush the hard geodes and also serves as a good attack and defense mechanism. Whenever a Snafflefang's teeth bite into geodes, they leave interesting leftover, shards of crystal. The Snafflefang can deliver a powerful bite on its opponents and prey.
The Snafflefang's bulky head and horns suggest that it could use them for ramming like buffaloes.
Behavior and Personality
A a Boulder class dragon, Snafflefangs love eating geodes.
Said to be extremely active and playful among the typical slow and lazy Boulder Class dragons, the Snafflefang is often seen frolicking in Valka's Mountain and welcoming newcomers warmly.
Because of the fact that it has only appeared in the comics and the second movie (in small parts) it is unknown what it's weakness is, although you could possibly lure it in using geodes, as they seem quite eager for these. Because of their food choice, Snafflefangs can also be easily found in certain areas, which is why they are vulnerable to dragon trappers.
The first Snafflefang introduced is Lump. Valka explained that the dragon has lost his right leg in an iron trap. Lump appears to have recovered both physically and mentally from the loss of his leg. He is naturally curious and welcomes other new dragons.
GamesIrontooth and the Primal Snafflefang, this species was available for searching in Rise of Berk. Their Titan form was also introduced in this game.
The Snaffflefang also made an appearance in School of Dragons.
- It slightly resembles a Ceratosaurus for its build.
- The Snafflefang's horns are similar to a Terrible Terror's, but only red in color.
- The Snafflefang's tail bludgeon resembles a thistle.
- Although the book 'Guide to the Dragons' stated that the Snafflefang was a Stoker Class dragon, it is actually a Boulder Class dragon, due to its geode diet.
- The Snafflefang is the first HTTYD 2 dragon to appear in the Riders of Berk comics. Specifically, it appears in the fifth volume, The Legend of Ragnarok.
- This is odd, however, as all known Snafflefangs only came to Berk after the events of the comic.
- The red spots on its skin slightly resemble the pattern of a cow.