- "Excuse me, I've been here all day! Okay, I want one of those high seaters, with lots of spikes and big stowage compartment."
- ―Starkard in How to Train Your Dragon 2
Starkard is a Hairy Hooligan that appears in both movies, and then is mentioned in the graphic novel, The Serpent's Heir.
Starkard is seen partaking in the First Dragon War, defending Berk against the maraudering dragons. He reports to Chief Stoick about the species of dragons that are attacking the village.
- "Gronckles, Nadders, Zipplebacks. Oh, and Hoark saw a Monstrous Nightmare."
- ―Starkard in How to Train Your Dragon
Before the Second Dragon War
Later, just as Drago's Bewilderbeast reaches Berk, Starkard's Gronckle falls under the influence of the Bewilderbeast's ultrasonic control and damages the furniture in Starkard's house before leaving
Aftermath of the Second Dragon War
According to the graphic novel, The Serpent's Heir, in the aftermath of the attack by Drago Bludvist, the Scuttleclaw Hatchlings seen in the second movie have taken up residence on Berk. Hiccup, now Chief, leaves Gobber in charge while he leaves to help the people of Nepenthe. The brood of Scuttleclaws wreak havoc to Gobber's shop, chewing on everything and not listening. Gobber laments for someone else to take charge, and names Ack, Mrs. Ack, and Starkard.
- "Anyone else want to try being in charge? Starkard? Ack? Mrs. Ack?"
- ―Gobber in The Serpent's Heir
Starkard is an adult male Viking with a coarse dark blonde beard. He wears the standard helmet with short upright horns, presumably from a Yak.
In other images, he appears to have dark brown hair and a uniform, un-styled beard with dark colored eyes.
- To Note: Due to conflicting sources and dubious designation from DreamWorks, images of Starkard may be mixed up with that of Hoark the Haggard or another unnamed Hairy Hooligan.