|“||It's a hidden dragon world! [src]||”|
The Hidden World is the major and titular location that will be featured in the upcoming How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World.
|“||The Hidden World is an old sea-faring legend about a land at the edge of the world, where many sailors have lost their ships — never to be seen again. Those who have returned reported sightings of a great waterfall and dragons guarding the entrance to a hidden world beneath the sea. A land from which all dragons hail.||”|
|— Dean DeBlois|
|“||We wanted something that transcended the idea of a cave. Part of that was delving into bioluminescence and was of channeling light into this subterranean space with the use of crystals that could carry light from magma. We wanted it to be an exotic world that still feels like it belongs here on earth. But it's still a place for dragons and not for humans.||”|
|— Dean DeBlois|
Dean DeBlois confirmed that the Hidden World is located within a massive volcanic caldera that serves as a gateway to an endless maze of chambers and tunnels, which in turn work their way around the world.
|Films and Shorts|
|"How to Train Your Dragon":||Absent||"How to Train Your Dragon 2":||Absent|
|"Legend of the Boneknapper Dragon":||Absent||"Dawn of the Dragon Racers":||Absent|
|"Book of Dragons (Short)":||Absent||"How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World":||Will Appear|
|"Gift of the Night Fury":||Absent|
- The Hidden World is a famous myth/legend from the distant seas. It is sometimes called "a world beyond the sunset".
- The Hidden World appears to be an incredibly ancient location due to how massive the stalagmites and stalactites are. This is because rock formations take billions and billions of years to grow just half of the size of the ones that are shown in the trailer.
- Dean DeBlois first imagined the Hidden World in a dream as a hole in the sea.
- ↑ New Trailer, NYCC Panel, and Cast and Crew Interview!. (Date Published - October 25, 2018). Berk's Grapevine.
- ↑ Shaw-Williams, Hannah. (Date Published - June 30, 2018). How to Train Your Dragon 3 Interview: Director Dean DeBlois. ScreenRant.
- ↑ Giardina, Carolyn. (Date Published - September 15, 2018). Toronto: DWA Unveils Emotional New 'How To Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World' Footage. Hollywood Reporter.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 DeBlois, Dean. I’m Dean DeBlois, director of the How To Train Your Dragon movies, and can’t wait for you to see our third movie this March. AMA!. (June 7, 2018). Reddit.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 "HTTYD3 Pannel: A Long Summary". (Date Posted - June 17, 2018). Tumblr.
- ↑ Hidden World Revealed: DreamWorks Dragons at TIFF. (Date Published - September 24, 2018). Berk's Grapevine.