- "This graceful Tidal class drifter doesn't "swim" through the water, it dances! Its saliva is said to have healing qualities... but it is too skittish for anyone to find out.
The Tide Glider coasts along the waves peacefully, until it spots an enemy in the distance and shoots an acid ball to clear a path!"
- ―Dragons: Rise of Berk
- "What seemed like the perfect chopping day quickly turned sour when Gobber tripped over a tree stump in the Wilderness. Thankfully, he only had a few scratches, but definitely needed something to heal them fast.
Even though Gobber quickly got his scratches all covered up, we all had the same thought...wouldn’t it be great to have a dragon that can instantly heal wounds? Hiccup informed us all that a dragon with mystical healing powers does exist and it goes by the name of the TIDE GLIDER!
This Tidal Class dragon has the ability to heal anything with its saliva. Sounds disgusting but wouldn’t you rather have a wound healed with saliva then ache with pain for a few days?
Don’t miss out on having your own personal wound healer by picking up a Tide Glider egg today!"
They have a blue core and what seems to be a translucent, possibly gelatinous blue shell that surrounds the core. There are specks of white in the egg.
Hatchling to Adult
The Tide Glider is light, faded blue in color. It has two coral shaped horns and a relatively long snout. It has three small fins set on its long neck. Its wings have wavy white patterns all over and it has a large tail fin. Instead of legs, the Tide Glider has two front flippers. In Dragons: Rise of Berk, this is a very thin-bodied dragon. In School of Dragons, it has a rounder belly and also possesses two hind limbs.
The main difference in adult and Titan Wing Tide Gliders is their color. A titan Tide Glider has a darker, more vibrant shade of blue and pink wing edges that have swirly patterns. They have more frills on their crown and a larger tail fin. Apart from that, they are rather similar to adult Tide Gliders.
The Tide Glider is able to shoot acid in either streams or multiple blasts, which it uses to defend itself from and attack foes.
Tide Gliders fire water, possibly containing its fabled saliva with healing properties, in either blasts or streams. It remains unknown at what temperature the water is fired in, or if the Tide Glider can control its blast's temperature.
Saliva with Healing Properties
Its saliva is said to contain healing properties, capable of healing almost any wound, from both Vikings, animals and dragons alike. Its saliva most likely is in its water blast, which the Tide Glider can administer to wounds by spraying its water at them.
Strength & Combat
It remains unknown as to what amount of strength a Tide Glider possesses, but taking its size, approximate weight and aquatic habitat it can be deduce that this dragon is relatively strong, similar to a Thunderdrum or Scauldron.
The Tide Glider utilizes its superior speed and agility to outswim and daze its opponents, and hurls blasts of water and acid at them while on land or air.
Speed & Agility
Tide Gliders are extremely fast, agile and maneuverable while in the sea, riding the waves of coastal waters. Their incredible agility has been noted by Vikings and compared to dancing.
Endurance & Stamina
Tide Gliders appear to exhibit a great deal of stamina, being able to effortlessly ride coastal waves with incredible agility, seemingly without tiring.
Although unknown, it would appear that Tide Gliders posses average endurance, and if they suffer any kind of damage, can most likely heal themselves with their saliva.
Behavior and Personality
Described to be 'skittish', this dragon is excitable and unpredictable. Also, this dragon is said to be peaceful, calm and graceful, in terms of motion and temperament. It prefers to reside in shallow waters in the sea, riding and "dancing" amongst the waves, somewhat like Dolphins and Flying Fish. However, some Tide Gliders are very territorial and will spit acid at anyone they encounter, as in the case of Mistmenace.
The Tide Glider also appeared in School of Dragons. Two adult Tide Gliders and a baby (possibly a family) appear in Return to Dragon Island Expansion.
- The Tide Glider bears a strong resemblance to the weedy sea-dragon.
- While the Tide Glider has hind legs in School of Dragons, it lacks them in Rise of Berk. In School of Dragons, all dragons walk around on land, and any animal needs legs to walk, which might explain the difference.
- The Tide Glider was the first dragon to be released in School of Dragons in 2015.
- The Tide Glider is one of the few dragons that have physical characteristics resembling dragons in Eastern lore, as its head is more similar to those of Asian dragons than those of their European cousins.
- The Tide Glider is one of the few dragons known to possess some sort of healing ability, with the others being the Scauldron, whose venom is used as an antidote for dragons that are poisoned by the Blue Oleander, the Buffalord, whose saliva, when combined with specific herbs and grasses is the only known cure for the Scourge of Odin, and the Prickleboggle, whose icy blasts can contain healing properties.
|Tide Glider uses Creative Commons Licensed content from the Rise of Berk Wiki page Tide Glider. The list of authors can be found on the page revision history (view authors).|
|Tide Glider uses Creative Commons Licensed content from the Dreamworks School of Dragons Wiki page Tide Glider. The list of authors can be found on the page revision history (view authors).|