|Habitat:||Eel Island, Forests|
|Weakness:||Cannot pull itself up fast enough if falling really fast, Dragon Nip, Under the Bewilderbeast's Control|
|Danger Level:||Extremely Dangerous|
|Dragon Color:||Different Colors|
|Notable Features:||Large Wings, Horns, Claws, and Talons|
|Length:||30-33 meter (110ft)|
|Dragon Class:||Stoker Class|
|Fire Type:||Cyclonic jets of Flame|
|Special Abilities:||Flaming Cyclone|
|First Appearance:||The Terrible Twos|
|Last Appearance:||Zippleback Down|
Typhoomerangs have a unique ability during flight: they rotate (by analogy with the typhoon / boomerang) at high speeds, zooming through the air. Although, as they rotate, they seem to pop off the objects around them, which makes them extremely dangerous. Act leaves a distinctive burn to the ground. Ash apparently acts as a fertilizer; such as at the end of The Terrible Twos where it shows flowers growing where the Typhoomerang removed.
Typhoomerangs are very large dragons; come in a variety of colors including blue, yellow, red and orange.
Dragons: Riders/Defenders of Berk
The Typhoomerang first appears in The Terrible Twos, and was one of the first new species of dragons found by the Berk Dragon Training Academy. A baby Typhoomerang was accidentally found by Fishlegs and Meatlug and forced them to crash land, describing it as "a flaming squirrel". It was then found by Hiccup and Toothless and Hiccup, discovering its a new species, took it home with him, much to Toothless' dislike.
Returning home, Stoick named the dragon Torch after he lit the fire. Torch starts to annoy Toothless, stealing his dinner and bed, and making it look like Toothless is just jealous. That night, Toothless hears furious roars coming out of the forest. When he goes to investigate, he soon discovers that Torch's Siblings is also looking for her young.
The next day, the group takes it to Berk Dragon Academy and document it in Book of Dragons, to learn that he has incredibly razor-sharp claws and is the first and only dragon who is not afraid of eel, even eating one. Snotlout was pleased to name it, coming up with names as they documented facts about this new creature (Eel Eater, Sharp Claw, Flaming Comebacker, etc). They also discover that Typhoomerangs fly by setting themselves on fire and spin, leaving a burn mark behind. Seeing how they spin, like a typhoon, and return like a boomerang, Fishlegs dubs the new dragon 'Typhoomerang'.
Much later, the group discovers a large part of the forest destroyed, with great swirling marking in the middle. They concluded that it was caused by a giant Typhoomerang. Hiccup finally realizes that it was the reason that Toothless tried to warn him about. Torch's mother appears and starts to chase Hiccup, Toothless and Torch. Hiccup and Toothless, however, manage to force the mother in a crash landing and Torch is reunited with his family.
Later, in Zippleback Down, Torch makes its second appearance, fully grown this time. He meets Tuffnut, who is caught in one of the dragon traps he was assigned to remove. Tuffnut manages to train Torch threw several contests, though he doesn't know who the dragon really is. Later, when Hiccup finds them, he reveals that the Typhoomerang is indeed Torch. Torch helps them to save Tuffnut and prevent a forest fire.
Later, in the The Eel Effect, Hiccup, Toothless, Fishlegs and Meatlug meet a wild Typhoomerang at Eel Island, which is a perfect habitat for the dragon species. The specimen attacks them, but is driven of by Fishlegs and Meatlug.
- Torch's Mother
- Torch's Siblings
- Typhoomerang, that attacked the riders ( Live and Let Fly )
- Typhoomerang, who lives on Dragon Island ( The Night and the Fury )
- Typhoomerang, who lives on Eel Island ( The Eel Effect )
- Terrible Twos (first appearance of the dragon and Torch)
- Live and Let Fly
- Night and fury
- Zippleback down (second appearance of Torch)
- Eel Effect
Despite their large size, Typhoomerangs are very flexible and strong, which was demonstrated when Torch smacked Toothless with his tail and carried multiple dragons and vikings on his back. They can stop forest fires by using their large wings. Huge wings allow them to be used for defending allies from strong gusts and flames, or possibly even explosions for some extent. This feature is almost identical to the Timberjack's biology as these two species have quite resembling body structures. In total, Typhoomerangs' stats are stable in higher state, and is generally a more-powerful version of the leg-less counterparts except for stealth. It is surprising that the dragons of such size can fly in one of the fastest speed of all dragons!
The Typhoomerang is an extremely powerful dragon, which was demonstrated when Torch carried Hiccup, Ruffnut, Tuffnut, Toothless and Barf and Belch on his back, with no sign of struggling. Despite their large size, the Typhoomerang is shown to be a very fast flier, being the third fastest flier in the dragon world. However, they are not very agile. Their huge size makes it hard for them to dive, stop or change directions.
It is also revealed that not only for supplementary or defensive objectives, Typhoomerang's 'flame spiral' can also be adapted for offensive usages: they can ignite their bodies in similar manner to that of the Monstrous Nightmare. Its attack power will be enhanced further by using the spiraling technique and turns the dragon into a fierce, flaming drill missile! They can use it to go faster in flight, which was demonstrated when they spin around in order to fly. When they spin, they make a large scorch mark on the ground. This mark tells how old the dragon is, how big he is and where he went.
Adult Typhoomerangs cannot slide off a dive. If they do, they can get hurt.
- Typhoomerang is a play on the words 'Typhoon' and 'Boomerang', after Fishlegs and Astrid noticed that it spun like a typhoon, and returned like a boomerang.
- Typhoomerang is a member of the Stoker Class judging how it emits sparks from its mouth and body. These sparks create a burn that one can determine the size, age, and direction of the Typhoomerang.
- The Typhoomerang is one of three dragons that can emit fire from his body. The other's being the Monstrous Nightmare and Fireworm. This is because Typhoomerang emits sparks, and if you look closely at the beginning of the Terrible Twos, you can see Torch on fire.
- In Dragons: Wild Skies, the Typhoomerang can be found at the Wild Dragon Cliff. Upon entering the area, several eggs shells and burn marks can be seen.
- Once trained, the player is not visible on the back of the Typhoomerang, because it was stated in Book of Dragons, that they are unrideable. However, this was proven to be wrong in Zippleback Down.
- Typhoomerangs are extremely strong, as Torch was able to carry Hiccup, Toothless, Ruffnut, Tuffnut and Barf and Belch at the same time.
- Typhoomerangs apparantly grow very fast, as Torch was seen as an adult. However, this could also mean that all dragons grow very fast, which explains why the babies of the main dragons in Gift of the Night Fury have never been seen.
- Typhoomerangs lives on Eel Island due to the large number of eels there, which is what they eats.
- Typhoomerangs eat eels, which helps them to replenish their outside shot.
- The offical website states that the Typhoomerang has the same speed stats as a Night Fury.