|Habitat:||Eel Island, Forests|
|Weakness:||Cannot pull itself up fast enough if falling really fast, Dragon Nip, Under the Bewilderbeast's Control|
|Danger Level:||Extremely Dangerous|
|Dragon Color:||Different Colors|
|Notable Features:||Large Wings, Horns, Claws, and Talons|
|Length:||30-33 meter (110ft)|
|Dragon Class:||Stoker Class|
|Fire Type:||Cyclonic jets of Flame|
|Special Abilities:||Flaming Cyclone|
|First Appearance:||The Terrible Twos|
|Last Appearance:||Zippleback Down|
Typhoomerangs have a unique ability during flight: they rotate (by analogy with the typhoon / boomerang) at high speeds, zooming through the air. Though, as they rotate, they seem to pop off the objects around them, making them extremely dangerous. Act leaves a distinctive burn to the ground. Ash apparently acts as a fertilizer; where it flowers will grow when the Typhoomerang was removed.
Typhoomerangs are very large dragons and come in a variety of colors including blue, yellow, red, and orange.
Dragons: Riders/Defenders of Berk
The Typhoomerang was one of the first new species of dragons found by the Berk Dragon Training Academy. A baby Typhoomerang was accidentally found by Fishlegs and Meatlug and forced them to crash land. Fishlegs described it as "a flaming squirrel". It was then found by Hiccup and Toothless. Upon discovering that it was a new species, Hiccup took it home with him, much to Toothless' dislike.
Returning home, Stoick named the dragon Torch after he lit the fire. Torch starts to annoy Toothless, stealing his dinner and bed, and making it look like Toothless is just jealous. That night, Toothless hears furious roars coming out of the forest. When he goes to investigate, he soon discovers that Torch's Siblings is also looking for her young.
The next day, the riders take Torch to Berk Dragon Academy and document him in the Book of Dragons, to learn that he has incredibly razor-sharp claws and is the first and only dragon that is not afraid of eel, even going as far as to eat one. Snotlout was eager to name it, coming up with names as they recorded facts about this new creature. They also discover that Typhoomerangs fly by setting themselves on fire and spin, leaving a burn mark behind. Seeing how it spins like a typhoon and returns like a boomerang, Fishlegs dubs the new dragon 'Typhoomerang'.
Much later, the group discovers a large part of the forest destroyed, with great swirling marking in the middle. They concluded that it was caused by a giant Typhoomerang. Hiccup finally realizes that this was the reason that Toothless tried to warn him about. Torch's mother suddenly appears and starts to chase Hiccup, Toothless and Torch. Hiccup and Toothless, however, manage to force the mother in a crash landing and Torch is reunited with his family.
Later, Torch makes his second appearance, fully grown this time. He meets Tuffnut, who is caught in one of the dragon traps he was assigned to remove. Tuffnut manages to train Torch and throw several contests, although he doesn't actually recognize the dragon. Eventually, when Hiccup finds them, he reveals that the Typhoomerang is indeed Torch. Torch helps them to save Tuffnut and prevent a forest fire.
Later, Hiccup, Toothless, Fishlegs, and Meatlug meet a wild Typhoomerang at Eel Island, which is a perfect habitat for the dragon species. The specimen attacks them, but is driven off by Fishlegs and Meatlug.
- Torch's Mother
- Torch's Siblings
- Typhoomerang that attacked the riders 
- Typhoomerang that lives on Dragon Island
- Typhoomerang that lives on Eel Island
- Riders of Berk – "The Terrible Twos" (first appearance of the dragon and Torch)
- Defenders of Berk – "Live and Let Fly"
- Defenders of Berk – "The Night and the Fury"
- Defenders of Berk – "Zippleback Down" (second appearance of Torch)
- Defenders of Berk – "The Eel Effect"
Typhoomerangs are very flexible and strong, which is demonstrated when Torch smacked Toothless with his tail and carried multiple dragons and Vikings on his back, with no signs of struggling. They can stop forest fires by using their large wings. Such wings allow them to defend their allies from strong gusts and flames, or possibly even explosions to some extent. This feature is almost identical to the Timberjack's biology as these two species have quite resembling body structures. In total, Typhoomerangs' stats are stable in higher state, and is generally a more-powerful version of the leg-less counterparts except for stealth.
Despite their large size, Typhoomerangs are shown to be very fast fliers, being the third fastest fliers in the dragon world. However, they are not very agile, as their size makes it hard for them to dive, stop, or change directions.
It is also revealed that in addition to its supplementary or defensive objectives, a Typhoomerang's 'flame spiral' can also be adapted for offensive usages: it can ignite its body in a manner similar to that of the Monstrous Nightmare. Its attack power is enhanced further by using the spiraling technique, which turns the dragon into a fierce, flaming drill missile. Moreover, it can use this to go faster in flight, which is demonstrated when it spins around in order to fly. When it spins, a Typhoomerang leaves a large scorch mark on the ground. This mark indicates how old the dragon is, how big it is, and where it went.
Adult Typhoomerangs cannot slide off a dive. If they do, they can get hurt.
- The name 'Typhoomerang' is a play on the words 'Typhoon' and 'Boomerang', after Fishlegs and Astrid noticed that Torch spun like a typhoon and returned like a boomerang.
- The Typhoomerang is a member of the Stoker Class, given that it emits sparks from its mouth and body. These sparks create a burn with which one can determine the size, age, and direction of the dragon.
- The Typhoomerang is one of three dragons that can emit fire from his body (the others being the Monstrous Nightmare and Fireworm). This is because Typhoomerangs emit sparks, and if looked closely at the beginning of The Terrible Twos,Torch can be seen on fire.
- In Dragons: Wild Skies, the Typhoomerang can be found at the Wild Dragon Cliff. Upon entering the area, several eggs shells and burn marks can be seen.
- Once trained, the player is not visible on the back of the Typhoomerang, because it was stated in Book of Dragons, that they are unrideable. However, this was proven to be wrong in Zippleback Down.
- Typhoomerangs are extremely strong, as Torch was able to carry Hiccup, Toothless, Ruffnut, Tuffnut, and Barf and Belch at the same time.
- Typhoomerangs apparently grow very fast, as Torch was already an adult in the second season. However, this could also mean that all dragons grow very fast, which explains why the babies of the main dragons in Gift of the Night Fury have never been seen.
- Typhoomerangs live on Eel Island due to the large number of eels there, which is what they eat.
- Typhoomerangs eat eels, which helps them to replenish their outside shot.
- The official website states that the Typhoomerang has the same speed stats as a Night Fury.